I fail at life

I just want to give up on trying to become a better version of myself. I just want to sit home and play video games all day. I don’t want to go back to school. I don’t want to work anymore. No one would hire me for even the most menial of jobs. I give up on my life. I don’t want to take meds anymore. Maybe it’s better that way.

1 Like

human beings especially in western society have set them selves up for failure…to be a success…
you must have a big house :house:
lots of cars :car:
a beautiful wife :woman:
etc…
it is all rubbish.
a buddhist priest owns nothing…but is content…!?! :blush:
why ?
because they are alive …like you.
they can breathe…like you
they can see the nature/beauty around them…like you.
they can eat amazing food…like you.
have out of this world coffee :coffee:…like you.
but unlike you they do not have sz…
so not only are you able to be like a buddhist priest…enjoying the simple things in life…
you are brave enough to walk this earth with a debilitating mental illness…
so be proud of yourself
hold your head up high
i admire you :heart:
take care :alien:

5 Likes

Everybody fails at something. It’s when you keep getting back up and trying which counts. I’ll tell you something: I fail at a million things every day. But I keep trying. I’ve been successful in certain things but I have other problems that I’ve been working on for twenty-five years and I’ve gotten nowhere with them.

I’m in a really bad situation now and I’m struggling. But you know what? I got up this morning and had a good meal. Then I walked to the store and got a coke. Then I went for a walk. Life is funny that way. Sometimes you can find roses blooming in hell if you look hard enough. I guess I am saying to appreciate the little things in life. I’m not discounting or ignoring or invalidating your very real pain. But we all feel that way sometimes. Keep going man.

“When you’re going through hell, keep going”.
Winston Churchill.

The race isn’t always won by the fastest and strongest. It is often won by the one who perseveres, the one who sticks to their beliefs and keeps plodding along.
I hear ya. Maybe you are overwhelming yourself by trying to do too much. You don’t have to give up everything but maybe you can just give up one or two things that you are doing and concentrate on just a couple of things until you feel better again. Good luck.

6 Likes

There comes a point in a person’s life when they need to decide for themselves what success means. Money, power, a family, these traditional markers of success don’t have to define your life.

Take things one step at a time and try to live the best life you can, not the life you’re expected to live.

4 Likes

The sense of failure happens to everyone at some point in life, whether they have sz or not. Dealing with the feeling is part of human life. Oddly, once you accept that you are going to fail again and again, and sometimes at things that DO matter (like love and friendship), you are more able to get up and try again without blaming yourself.
When I was in my mid-thirties I had a phase when I felt I had been ‘disappointing’ or a flat-out failure in most things. Then I found this poem.

http://allpoetry.com/To-Failure

The last line made me burst out laughing. Also, it is quite funny because he was probably the most successful poet of his generation, and he STILL felt like a failure. I think failure might actually be a delusion, like dragons.

Take some time off to relax. Dont push yourself too hard. Youre not in a competition. Nothing wrong with playing video games. I took some time off too. In time youll figure out what you want. Dont stop your meds!!!

2 Likes