I don't think I need the mood stabilisers

Maybe I can just stay on the antipsychotic and go down on the mood stabilisers. Maybe I don’t have anything mood related. Maybe it’s anxiety. I hate being on too many meds.

1 Like

Abilify is a mood stabilizer, as well as being an AP.
So yeah it might be possible but please discuss with your doctor.

5 Likes

I also think this way too at times. 3 is alot and I’m on 5.

1 Like

I don’t know why but I cannot accept I have anythig this minute… Life feels so normal… but I still am scared of the consequences of coming off meds.

Talk to your doc don’t stop taking a med without the doc.i did once and I paid the price ended up in ward.

2 Likes

I’m on 5 different meds, which includes an AP and a mood stabilizer. I thought I didn’t need them so I tried going without them took a week to learn that lesson.

3 Likes

As the saying goes @anon80629714.
“If it ain’t broke why fix it!”

Yeah I would be scared coming off of meds too!

Please discuss and listen to your doctor.

4 Likes

I always try to tell myself, if I started feeling better, it is probably the meds making me feel this way.

2 Likes

Some people take Olanzapine just when they are having problems with mania, and you could just be on something for anxiety normally.
Are you able to know when you have been unwell in the past?

1 Like

Do you think you have a problem with depression or mania? That is what a mood stabilizer is for. I don’t like increasing my med load either but when my muscles and joints ached after working hard a few days ago I broke down and took a OTC pain med and it helped. Fortunately I haven’t needed another one and the resulting constipation that happened nearly clogged up the toilet today but pain is not always a constant thing like mood issues can be.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.