I don't like people

I don’t know why. They make me uncomfortable, and suspicious. Plus, I have no emotions and my speech is confusing. I’m always zoning out too, so at social events, it’s like there is no one there. And philosophically speaking, I guess there isn’t really.

1 Like

Your speech seems fine. But maybe you just need social skill practice

1 Like

Not when I talk though. And I used to be a very social person. I’ve just turned estranged kinda.

I am in the sam boat. :sailboat:
People are the enemy. They don’t see things the way I do. They see me as an outsider, and they scare me.
They want to take my mind away from me.

People want to do the same to me. Plus I think they are plotting against me in some way. They are all against me.

I avoid them, and do not look into their eyes, because that is how they can read my mind and tell how I am feeling.
Be careful, and stay safe!

Same with me…
They will only use my thoughts against me. and will probably share them amongst everyone else and they will also use it. It’s hard to stay safe though… all the people on the streets, in their cars, in school, in social situations… They are all in on it. I am afraid of all of them. they might get me one day.

You will be safe if you don’t let them get to you. Maybe you can get help from someone who is trustworthy?

I have one person. The reason I find him trustworthy is because I can relate to him. His dad has schizophrenia, and he and I think he might have early sz as well - probably why I can relate to him. But the thing is… He doesn’t believe me that people are plotting against me and following me and spying on me and reading my mind. He thinks it’s all in my head. So I don’t know what to do…

That’s good. Hmm, isn’t it weird how people with sz seem to be the only ones who get what you have to say?
Well, I don’t know. I want to help you. At least you have someone to talk to about it.

It is all in your head. The hard part is coming to that realisation. In time you will figure it out

1 Like

Yeah, haha that’s definitely true. I’m glad we have this place so we can help each other.

1 Like

When you don’t like people, they don’t care. When you don’t like people you are only hurting yourself. I find myself angry with people for imagined or perceived slights but I’m not going to let myself become bitter or hateful. If I do that. I’m only hurting myself.

1 Like

It’s ok to keep your distance from others, until you need to be part of them.

1 Like

I don’t like people I don’t know and still don’t usually like them even when I get to know them. It has nothing to do with that I am angry or paranoid or whatever it’s just to me a lot of people aren’t even worth calling friends and I can barely stand their personalities.

No one even seems to really understand my mindset or way of thinking and when I reveal personal demons I have I tend to get told I’m ■■■■■■ up even by people who are really ■■■■■■ up themselves.

Yeah. I feel the same way. And then there is this sort of inability to talk.

I get nervous around a lot of people, my partner knows it too so she suggest trying to spend as much time around people as possible. Personally I don’t think it works that. The voices tell me people are trying to hurt me.

1 Like

It’s okay to give yourself a break from people. I’ve been dealing with this condition for over twenty years and I still have trouble with this, although I’ve gotten much better with practice. It’s important to interact as much as you can because that’s an important part of recovery. It’s also important to know your limits and have a quiet place to escape to when you reach them. It gets better, just never fast enough for our needs.

Best,

Pixel.

I find people easier to like from a distance, in the abstract. There used to be a bumper sticker that said, “I love mankind. It’s people I can’t stand.” In reality, it’s all a matter of how you relate to people. If you come across people with similar interests and temperament it’s not hard to like them. There have been some bad things I’ve been seeing about people, and I do get angry about it. Sometimes I get really angry.

1 Like

Yeah. I play a lot of music, and a lot of the people I play music with have these illnesses and they seem to understand a lot better than others. I usually don’t like to talk to them either but when I need to talk and interact about this stuff they are the only ones I go to. So I’ve got a pretty good support group.