I don't know who i am anymore

It’s like i can’t feel anything. I can’t feel the spirit anymore. I justdon’t feel like myself. The medication took away my creativity and now i’m just some nobody who sits at home and watches tv all the time. The old me hardly ever watched tv.

1 Like

Are you sure it’s the meds who caused it? My illness took those away from me, and the meds I’m taking - they’re just for show, they don’t do ANYTHING.

When i was in the beginning of taking my meds while still slightly psychotic i was able to be creative. It’s definitely the meds

1 Like

After psychosis comes the down time… I’m starting now to get out of that funk, it’s been two years since my break. I still do a lot of nothing, but I’m writting again, I’m taking walks, cleaning, changing the sheets every week, taking a shower almost every day… It takes a while. It’s not the meds, it’s the brain. It’s okay though, it will come back.

8 Likes

Maybe talk to your Doc about switching meds? If you’re gonna be a lifer on this stuff, you might as well tinker till you find the best one.

That’s what I have done.

20mg of Abilify

4 Likes

Hallelujah, I’m drinking to that Minnii. I really hope me and lostinthespace get our creativity back. Maybe in his case it’s a med problem… he should try switching or tapering if he’s on a high dose.

2 Likes

He gave me some abilify but doesn’t think tapering off of zyprexa is a good idea so i decided to stay on zyprexa

It could be the meds. They’re called major tranquillisers. It’s unreasonable to expect someone on a major tranquilliser to be as creative as someone who isn’t.

It’s a trade off. On the one had, you won’t believe you can fly and jump off a building. On the other hand, you’re a little bit, well, tranquillised.

4 Likes

Hey @Andrey did you ever try vraylar?

1 Like

Not yet, @anon31257746, it’s not available in Europe. I’m eager to try it, trust me.

1 Like

I take ZyPrexa, too. It just makes me tired.

2 Likes

I’m from Canada. Im going to ask my doc about it

1 Like

I spent years just hanging out watching tv. I think it was because of the meds. I lost so much time. I didn’t ask questions and looking back on it now I should have embraced my recovery and came up with a solution to the zombie star. I might b on too many meds. It takes work and knowledge is power. Learn as much as u can about sz and meds and consult with your doctor. Creativity is possible again I started by journaling a lot. How about writing s void about your experience. That’s what I would love to do. Good luck and take care!:unicorn::rocket::baseball:️:peace_symbol::guitar:

2 Likes

I was too angry to do absolutely nothing when I was in the earlier stages, but I did watch just about every good movie and anime after live action movies ran out. I otherwise spent a couple-few hours in the gym going insane. I looked like I do now, I was pretty fierce looking. I actually worked out more back then.

Now I have a problem with not relaxing enough. Creativity? I have a thesis and a book under my belt and am working on an article for a psych journal.

Be careful, I hoard articles, read them, books, I memorize them, my body, I do insane ■■■■ like see below

2 Likes

How do you feel when you’re not on medication?

Before i was diagnosed i was able to be creative and make music. I’ve been on meds for six months so i wouldn’t know how i’d feel without them. There was one day when i forgot to take my night dose and i woke up feeling great.

2 Likes

Well in my eyes, whatever makes us feel great and doesn’t hurt anyone, is probably pretty good. The world needs creativity my dude, it makes the light shine brighter.

1 Like

If i stopped my meds i’d probably feel really good for a few days and then go psychotic again.

Well then maybe it’s not a good thing that you stop. For me, I struggle with psychosis every day cause I don’t take meds. Having said that though, I feel like the day I conquer it, then the world will be a better place because each and every one of us have a special gift to offer the Universe. It just sucks that we have this barrier to cross before we can offer what we want, which ultimately is Love.

3 Likes