I don't get excited about halloween

i wasn’t allowed to trick or treat as a kid, and never got into the holiday.

5 Likes

We don’t celebrate halloween.

3 Likes

i guess im not the only one, my parents softened their stance when they had grandkids but i was over the halloween by then, even my parents church now passes out candy on halloween which is a major shift from when i was a kid.

3 Likes

I don’t really get “excited” about Halloween, but I enjoyed getting all the candy as a kid. This year I am handing out candy. Don’t know that I am “excited”, but it is something to do and I might enjoy some of the kids costumes.

3 Likes

im glad i live in the country and kids don’t knock on my door looking for candy.

5 Likes

I can’t imagine that. When I was very little my dad took my brother and I trick or treating, Then when I got a bit older my friends and I would get all dressed up with a big garbage bag and visit every house in the neighbourhood. I loved it. Halloween parties were fun too.

Some students and teachers would dress up at school too.

4 Likes

well since i wasn’t allowed to trick or treat as a kid now as an adult i think the whole thing is really foolish. maybe i’d feel different if i was allowed to dress up when i was young

2 Likes

We have a poster telling trick or treaters where to go year round on our apartment message board! They get the message I think as I never have people harassing me for sweets

2 Likes

i have no reason to be excited about trick or treat.

i mean i am not about encouraging sweets.

but i do have one good memory actually two of halooween parties.

second one was where i did the mdma with alcohol that might have triggered my psychosis

2 Likes

I wasn’t allowed to celebrate several holidays, Halloween included. I never get into it either, but it has more appeal to me than other holidays. I like that it’s the one day no one pretends, tho everyone thinks it’s the opposite.

3 Likes

My grandfather in Ireland died on Halloween night so I guess his ghost passed into death and he doesn’t haunt the living. Sucks.

3 Likes

I’m gonna force myself to do something Halloweeny this Halloween. Maybe just decorate the flat with scary Halloween stuff. Just for the memories.

2 Likes

Meh! Me neither. Another shot at financial prostitution for the big wigs.

:thinking:

1 Like

I liked dressing up in slutty outfits, getting wasted on chocolate and sugar, and ending the night with a literal princess.

We still give out candy, but the majority gets eaten by the family.

3 Likes

Before, we didn’t celebrate Halloween here, but that is about to change.
That said, it’s much less developed than in the US for example.

I get so excited on Halloween I ■■■■ me pants!!!

:smiley:

1 Like

I bought Halloween candy today for the kids.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna give out candy this year. We have some kids on the block, and I can just hang out on the porch, so easy enough. 1 bad 1 good memories: my Dad died on Halloween night, so bad, but I threw my best total blowout party for a Halloween one year and that was a good++! I did the place up: the people who did the Hell raiser movies got nothing on me, and don’t spare the candles and fake blood. Ooooh yeah.

I dress up and go out, at least id like to

I wasn’t allowed to celebrate Halloween either, but I do really like this time of year. I like Halloween, although I don’t really get involved. Just do my own thing, maybe have friends over for a film or a game. This year we might be moving on Halloween though, so I’ll be too busy.