I do a lot of doing nothing

I mean every day I do like 10 things. But I can’t sustain these ten things for more than 30 minutes each. Like reading watching tv/movies, hiking, etc. I do a lot of things but it’s only for a limited time each day. Then I’m stuck doing nothing a lot but it’s ok. It’s ok to do nothing. Life is very long you can’t stay busy for like 80 years straight. Or else you’ll drive yourself crazy. This is why meditation is so highly regarded. You simply do nothing. And it helps.

7 Likes

Every weekend I look.forward to exactly that. Doing NOTHING.

2 Likes

You sound like you’ve got a healthy set of interests and activities to keep you going.

2 Likes

me, I do almost nothing often. Its a problem for me. I don’t see a recovery in this light.
But yes, too much doing can take your peace of mind too.

1 Like

Yes I think so. But my friend can binge watch a show for 5 hours straight. He does things 5 hours straight and he claims he gets really bored when he does nothing. He’s always doing something. Since I can only read for 30 minutes straight. Or watch MAYBE 1 episode of a tv show per day, I wind up doing a lot of nothing. Because there’s only certain amount of things you can do per day.

I guess I’m just lost in my thought process at those times but I’m ok with it all.

1 Like

This board is probably my most common activity. When I’m doing “nothing” I may be reading this board.

I do nothing even more now that I injured my foot.

I mean today I made a pot of coffee and prepared lunch.

Started my car to warm it up and that’s basically it.

2 Likes

I dunno what I’d do if I injured my foot badly. I almost never sit down. Even when I am doing “nothing”. I am probably still pacing.

I do nothing a lot. Literally. When I get overwhelmed, I get into bed and lay there trying to talk myself out of it. For hours. Every day. I pretty much am only up for 5 1/2 - 6 hours a day.

1 Like

you’re like a cat :cat:

lmao! I suppose you’re right! :smiley:

1 Like

The thing I hate about my habits is I can never seem to finish anything because I don’t do any specific thing enough. Even this book that I’m going to finish it takes me like three weeks cause I only read half an hour a day.

I bought myself a series of 20 books for my birthday last Dec 2, and I’m still only on #6. I have no attention span either.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty much the same :slight_smile: . I keep my radio on, take care of my cat, talk on here, and maybe read or have a friend over. When I do go out it’s usually just to shop.

I know I talk a lot about reading on here, but my attention span isn’t the greatest. I finally finished a 500 plus page book after taking a month break from it.

:v:

1 Like

I’m happy if I do one positive thing a day. Today I cleaned my room.

2 Likes

I do nothing alot. I know how you feel. I struggle with concentration too sometimes. It is very frustrating. My partner can also binge watch shows, where as i struggle to pay attention for one episode of something. I’m lucky if i get anything done during the day.

1 Like

I’ve got a Phd in doing very little.

1 Like

Lately I seem to b the opposite of productive. I can’t even read for 10 minutes

I feel you @Jonnybegood. În my free time I prefer staying online and smoking cigarettes.

I get bored, but can’t find the motivation to do read for example

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.