I didn't think I was triggerable

I didn’t think anything could trigger me, I can watch scary movies and movies about mental illness. Violence doesn’t trigger me. I haven’t read a post on here in ten years that has triggered me. But…the girl that’s kitty corner from my apartment is freaking me out. I haven’t had a problem with her in five years that I’ve lived here. Until a few months ago.

I haven’t heard a peep from her in five years. Now she’s pulling a little of what these other neighbors are pulling. I think she decided to assert herself and now I hear bumps and laughing. But what’s getting to me is she talks to herself late at night. Loudly. Doesn’t even try to hide it which is the most triggering part. I haven’t been sleeping good for the past 8 months and lately I’m wide awake at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. I don’t make any noise but she’s going at it at 2:00 am while I’m trying to sleep. It triggers the hell out of me. Once I had to go sleep in the living room. Last night it was loud.

The thing is: she might be schizophrenic and I have sympathy for her. The counselor is saying she’s bugging all the other residents and that if I hear her I should complain to the counselor. I felt that wasn’t fair; she can’t help herself. But the counselor said she has to control herself, she can’t be letting her symptoms bother people trying to sleep. And now I agree. I’m even a little paranoid that she’s doing it deliberately. I’ll give her a few nights to straighten out but if she keeps me up I’m going to lodge a complaint.

1 Like

Could she be on the phone, or have a visitor she speaks much louder than?

1 Like

It’s possible. But her reputation is that she laughs and talks to herself. I thought it had to be two people talking but she lives by herself. I don’t care either way, as long as she knocks it off at 2:00 in the morning.

2 Likes

Well maybe lodging a complaint might help her realize it’s a problem

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t want to, but I might have to.

1 Like

you could try sleeping with a fan on.

it helps drown out noise.

I have one going all year round.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.