I didn't know sex is a need

sometimes I feel like leaving the site

2 Likes

Actually it’s not. When you have sex with someone you’re getting emotionally attached. If you wants to go deeper, you may discover much many things happening while connecting with another person. Thinking that it’s just masturbating in style is cold.

What @Catch22 does is called edging. I think you can find something about it in some Mantak Chia’s books.

I get sensitive about it too having been preached to about Freud and his Electra- Oedipal theories.

1 Like

Actually, that’s only half-true.
While sex does trigger endorphins, and your brain does start to associate the endorphins with the person causing them, the drugs that cause someone to feel a connections is triggered by being physically close to someone and having them touch your skin.

You don’t need to have sex to have that intimacy. Which is something I wish more people would realise.
Sex is, essentially, intimacy mixed with creating orgasms.
I love intimacy, but I don’t like the hunt for orgasms with other people, and I wish I could find a partner who shares my need for closeness without confusing it with most people’s “need” for having someone else give them an orgasm.

1 Like

Sex involves many other things that I don’t think it’s appropriate to discuss here. But yeah it’s possible to have deep levels of intimacy without sex.

The procreation instinct is one of the three basic instincts

It’s not a need.

That’s what I had always thought - but then, I always had headaches, ignorance and inhibitions to prove my point.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.