Schizophrenia.com

I can't stop crying

My mother died almost 1 year ago and can’t stop crying and I cut my arm’ skin again…oh my god please help me…

1 Like

I’m sorry @Andy
I know what you are going through, I lost my Mother a year ago also and I still miss her.

Please don’t hurt yourself, cutting won’t help.

Talk it over with others like family members.

You are not alone.

Seeing a therapist can help too.

Take care of yourself.

8 Likes

Please call a crisis line near you.

2 Likes

Is there someone irl who you can talk to? I know it’s hard but please try not to self harm.

2 Likes

My mother died in 2010. She was the best person I knew. I’ve heard her. Your mother may be with you. You wouldn’t want to upset her.

1 Like
3 Likes

I tried to provide some ideas about resources above. I feel bad for you and your mother, Andy.

3 Likes

Hey it’ll be ok I know things are hard right now but you will be ok.

I know it hurts to lose someone and it’s difficult to heal. It will take time but we’re here for you

2 Likes

I tried this site by your suggestion, but it really isn’t free if you want to talk to someone. They ask for money. I’m not saying it isn’t good. I’m just saying that it isn’t free.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the suport. I will not hurt myself again.

8 Likes

You need to love yourself. Please, don’t cut your arm’ skin. That’s not ok. I used to harm myself in the past, specially when I worked. But one day I said: “I need to stop doing that”. I learnt to love myself and I learnt I don’t deserve that torture. I understood the first person I need to love is me.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

If you are feeling suicidal, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a suicide prevention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries.

International suicide hotlines:

Suicide hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

1 Like

@Andy. When my mother died I felt different emotions. Depression was one. Numbness too. I cut myself I guess I thought if I could feel the pain of the cutting I was still alive. Idk how to explain it. I think if I’d had someone to talk to it might’ve helped. I’ve got a scar on my left wrist that’s there forever. Talk to us and try not to cut.

1 Like

I know how it feels to be so numb and dead that one wants to cut. I’ve cut my arm many times. It’s not beneficial but I understand the urges. I’ve had them a lot but meds helped me. And having someone to talk to.

Im really sorry for your loss. Mothers are very special. Hope you feel better soon!

2 Likes