I can't do what people do

I can’t pay the bills, I can’t buy things, I can’t run errands, I can’t pay my taxes etc. I am useless, right?

no nobody’s useless !! do you live with someone? you aren’t homeless are you? learn to love yourself , dude…only you can do that.;

I live alone but my parents live in the same neighborhood. Without them, where would I be?

well there’s nothing wrong with that…thank God you have your parents…!! cheer up !! count your blessings instead of looking at what you lack that always makes me feel better.

1 Like

I feel this at times… I live at home and I’m lucky to have a roof over my head but it gets to me I dont contribute as much as I’d like… we are not useless though… we just have our own struggles

1 Like

Yes, we struggle. But my father keeps saying that I am extremely lazy. He doesn’t understand

1 Like

Blessings? Such as?

2 Likes

I know the feeling however sometimes people don’t understand what they don’t themselves experience … im learning not to let such comments get to me …

1 Like

food and shelter…stable mind…food to eat…maybe you can’t do anything but you are still a human being !! just try…it takes practice.

1 Like

I feel like ■■■■ too. I think I’m going to go for a walk in nature.

2 Likes

You’re far from useless. Despite being one of the more treatment resistant and delusion-riddled people I have ever come across, you’re more coherent and collected than most normies.
Despite being Greek, your English is better than that of most native English speakers.
And I live in Greece, so I have experienced first hand how poor an average greek person’s english abilities are.

You’re a very intelligent person, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, Om

4 Likes

No, youre not useless, im a big fan of your threads.

By the way - im sad to hear your father calls you lazy.I have heard that too.

You can try to inform him about the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, perhaps together with someone with an authority. A nurse, a social worker or something like that. If possible,

1 Like

Yes, he would be persuaded if a pdoc would explain negatives to him.

Thank you for your kindness. But you know I have my doubts about my self as sz.

1 Like

I’ve been where you are now…seek close work with your pdoc and see what kind of meds he thinks might pull you out of your funk…it was changing from risperdal to abilify for me…that didn’t work out though, abilify ruined my marriage…I am now on fluphenazine and happy that’s generic prolixin if you’re wondering…I want you to try as hard as you can to see something positive about yourself that you like…do you have any hobbies like drawing or painting?

1 Like

I write again after years of Inactivity. That’s good. But I have anxiety for the upcoming disability examination

1 Like

@Om_Sadasiva Neither of us are useless , though we can feel that way at times.

2 Likes

dude just tell the truth!! there’s no way they would take away your disability if you don’t work… @Om_Sadasiva

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.