How to control anger?

Does SZ makes you less able to control your anger? I completely loose it when I am psychotic. Its better whem I am on my meds though.

I get angry when I get kicked by elites in fps video games because I am too good. I am also angry on computers forums simetimes. I don’t know how to control my anger.

2 Likes

Often its a mistake from the person and I get unreasonably angry even when they apologize.

1 Like

Sounds like me. i get the same.

1 Like

I have a hard time controlling my anger too when I’m coming towards the end of my AP injection, or if I try to lower my AP. I’m steadily taking each day at a time. I keep my mind on my end goals and won’t stop till I get there.

Anger is an issue for me.

One of the opposites of anger is patience. So when I feel angry, I think how likely it is that the issue will resolve if I’m patient.

1 Like

Anger could be a emotional sign of selfrespect, as respect is a rare virtue.

you should try Recovery International its basically anger managment googleit

1 Like

When I am on my med’s I am not nearly as likely to become angry. When I do get angry I keep it inside. I brood about it. When I am off my med’s is usually when I get angry. That’s also the time when I mess up. It usually ends with a trip to the hospital or to jail.

2 Likes

Same, without meds I start destroying walls and furniture or throw knives.

1 Like

I’m an anger monster when I’m not on meds. Just one of the many reasons why I have to take my meds.

1 Like

I struggled when first ill and do still now to some extent with anger. Most of it is actually justifiable anger. I mean anger in response to moral evil or situational abuse and a feeling of powerlessness in response.
Basically though, I found a counselor that let me just express it all and talk about it and I talk to myself about it too, about why I am angry and I write about it too.
Finding out WHY the anger and then finding positive ways to work out the issue is helpful to me. Not all problems are solvable so then it becomes dealing with the feelings, the emotions so that I am not hurt by my own anger.

2 Likes

And today I am inexplicably struggling with anger. I guess I am surrounded by angry people and it is getting to me.

Cry.

It helps, honestly.

Then you’ll start laughing.

Then you’ll get serious.

Then …

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.