I am well I think due to knowing my triggers...do you know your triggers?

I stay away from live t.v or radio mainly…big trigger for me…

that and handling knives…do it as little as I need to …trigger…

what are some of your triggers?

4 Likes

Religion, politics, drugs.

Sometimes even my research online. These are things I try to monitor.

1 Like

The same for me. Drugs, not so much, because I’ve gone clean.

2 Likes

It’s one of the reasons I like this place, it’s a safe space away from those things.

3 Likes

Loud noises, whispers, TVs.

People, places and things.

3 Likes

I have done a good job dealing with my triggers in therapy, so I can face them without it ruining my whole day. I still try to avoid them,but when they come up unexpectedly I only get an uneasy feeling now, instead of a panic attack.

2 Likes

Religion, security cameras, white noise

1 Like

Stress to keep commitments,promises and appointments. I don’t do that anymore. I used to be completely booked out and its not good for the heart either.

2 Likes

For me it’s religion, therapy, and hospitals/invasive medical procedures.

Which doesn’t mean I’m against these things I just find them difficult to talk/think about

1 Like

Same. In the case of some triggers, I’ve developed an ability to buffer myself and last for a while in their presence when I would have just flipped my lid before. Now I can take large groups of people for an entire day if I’m photographing a wedding or DJing a reception. I still pay for it over the next few days with increased positive symptoms. In the case of other triggers, there’s not much I can do but try to avoid (wife’s parents). At least the anger management therapy helps there.

2 Likes

@ninjastar @velociraptor

I’ve currently had a trigger, being around a lot of people. My heart is freaking out… my emotions. In the back of my mind, I can hear positive things I’ve told myself, in preparation. Did you two do that?

I’m 100% pacemaker dependent as I have no natural rhythm. My pacer will increase my heart rate within limits if the on-board gyro picks up increased movement from exercise. I have no cardiac fight or flight response.

1 Like

I wish I didn’t, but you’re I’ll, right?

Crowds have never triggered me. My triggers are angry people, death metal music, sickness, and unresolved conflict.

1 Like

I have not worked this one out yet.

My case worker told the pdoc today that it was me messing with meds that has been making me feel off, but my mother reminded me that it was the Universal Credit (U.K Benefit) asking me to re-submit all my finances since the lockdown.

It was super stressful thinking back, and all these other small things I can understand to be triggers are only such because of one truly stressful event.

The guy on the phone kept on telling me the fraud team would investigate me if I did not do what they say

I was so scared that they were going to get me into trouble.

As it turns out I didn’t understand the forms online and filled it all out wrong, but at least I didn’t owe them any money otherwise I would have been screwed.

It’s the only help I got during lockdown

2 Likes

I’m triggered today, and I don’t really know why.

I think some people are very quick to blame meds for everything. But yeah, sometimes real life is the trigger.

1 Like

One flashback trigger for me is usually hearing someone I know cry. Cuz I have a bit of ptsd related to it from one of my first psychosis episodes.
Unresolved conflict cause me to ruminate or be too physically tense, I’ve gotten better over the years.

1 Like

My voices usually come back without warning. It’ll be something like “hey we’re back we have plans for you let’s get started” and they just be babbling away.
I just think wtf I thought I was done with this.

2 Likes