I Am Stupid From Now On?

I really hope this is just a passing phase, but I feel like an idiot. I cannot concentrate  enough to comprehend a post to give a meaningful response, my brain has turned into a pile of poop. I have had a bad memory for years because ofor electric convolution treatment that left me with short term memory loss, but I havery never felt like such an idiot before. The best way to describe it is like I just smoked a joint, and I cannot think clearly enough to process what I read, to give a mea in full response. If it is a short post, I am ok, but anything intricate, and I am lost in space. This is a terrible feeling, I hope I can get my train of thought back on the tracks!
4 Likes

I’m sorry this is hitting you as well. I think I might be in your boat on this one.

Memory wipe and my comprehension is slipping. I hate that feeling.

I’m hoping it’s just seasonal affective disorder mixed with a huge dose of exhaustion… when I get some holiday time off… I can rest and recharge.

Good luck and I hope you get to do the same.

1 Like

Don’t worry. It is okay not to reply, keep it short, just read to the amount you can digest.

Relax and hope it will goes away. :blush:

1 Like

Do not worry, I am not reading long posts either, although these may contain some grammatical tips for my English writing, what might be helpful for you is to maintain a notebook or a diary to record your thoughts and your experiences which may help you with any memory related matters. I maintain a paper notebook.

2 Likes

You are not alone. I 'm the same. Hard time to watch tv or read. I don’t remember what I have seen or read. Maybe it was because I got pre psychotic 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

There are companies developing new medications to help people with this. One of the companies is this one:

http://www.forumpharma.com/content/innovation-pipeline/

You can see the progress of the drug on this page too.

2 Likes

In some ways I feel pretty stupid myself.

1 Like

What is stupid any way, even high intelligence people may do stupid things. It is so relative.

3 Likes

I discover the other site recommended by the Forum Pharmaceuticals.

http://www.needrecognition.com/

Same problems here, but I don’t think I’m stupid. But experiencing med side effects.

1 Like