I am moving out to stay on my own

I am moving out to stay on my own.I will be finding a job,rent a room and then take care of my myself.I don’t know if I can make it but I want to try,I have talked to a therapist too and she says I should move out too.I hope I can managed on my own because I am not doing well at my home either,I feel I didn’t really grow staying at home.I am 26 this year,I have met some new friends the previous year and things seems to be looking good,but hit a plateau.So I decided to move out.I want to earn my own money,enjoy living on my own

2 Likes

How can you afford to stay on your own?

I say I will find a job
If I manage to do well in the job and are happier I will stay outside and live more independently

I don’t want to be a homeboy forever,I am an adult,need to learn to be more independent

Good luck. I have to live with roommates I’m scared to live alone.

1 Like

Good job, a new adventure :slight_smile: Hope everything works out and you get to have some fun in the meantime. It was very exciting for me when I first moved out. That was before the onset of sz, but also was a bit younger than you are now. Nowadays I get a bit sloppy with chores in the appartment at times, I admit, but you come across as having a fair amount of discipline.

1 Like

Thank you!! 15 char

I hope everything goes great for you :sparkles:

1 Like

Good for you Gtx. It doesn’t hurt to try. There are many advantages to living on your own but it also means more responsibility. If you live with someone else you will need to get along with them and be on good terms with them. By judging by the way you have improved socially in this past year I think you can do it. I lived by myself for 6 years. The danger is that it is too easy to just stay home and isolate. You need to make the effort to connect with people on a regular basis.

2 Likes

I was happy living on my mom’s farm years ago, but it’s hard on a guy’s pride to live with his parents…good luck.

2 Likes

Good luck @Gtx1990 - trying to live alone is a good idea.

1 Like