Schizophrenia.com

I am happy that I have no automobile

I ride my bicycle always. It is good exercising and good for schizophrenic persons. It is a good way to get fresh air and see also people whom I may know. For example, today was very sunny and just -5 C and it was perfect for bicycle riding. My carbon footprint is very low and I save money because I do not have auto expenses such as gasoline, auto repairs and other auto related expenses. You can say I am very happy just to ride my bicycle.

10 Likes

Same here. But you have to live in a place where it’s possible, the distances are right, the roads etc.

I feel so free on my bike.

Remember to wear a helmet even it’s annoying and ugly, i crashed some weeks ago and was hospitalized for concussion. I rode without a helmet, but bought one instantly when i was out of hospital.

3 Likes

I would ride if i could and i have bought a couple of great bikes in the past but the seat was very uncomfortable and i would get confused by the gears, i would love to ride an electric ebike if i could but they are expensive around £1k maybe more for a really good one

2 Likes

My brother just bought an electric bike.
He spent $3000 on it.

He’s wealthy though.

2 Likes

its crazy really, we are only allowed to have electric assist up to 15 mph or 24 kmph

2 Likes

I think his bike is assist I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Americas rules are a bit more Lax about the top speed

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is the ebike he bought.

4 Likes

it looks big and meaty, i couldn’t afford one unless i paid it up and i’m not very happy about doing that.,it looks fantastic though Wave :slight_smile:

I just got my subscription of the big issue and it says they might be doing something with ebokes, renting them out to help the homeless :slight_smile: sounds like a great idea, here is the article.

3 Likes

I hate cars. Always have. If crab without a shell is a seperate species from a crab with a shell then people in cars are another species from pedestrians. I used to ride bike everywhere but the meds destroyed my stamina somehow but im getting back into it.

1 Like

I’d love to forego vehicles. Would save us $1150 every month. That’s payments and insurance. Not factoring in fuel or repairs. This is a smallish city, so the public transit is for dog poopy.

1 Like

It’s never a good idea to ride a bike when you’re drunk. I tried it once, and I survived unscathed, but I was awfully wobbly the whole time. One of my old AA sponsors had an x-ray hanging from the ceiling in the middle of his living room of his hip broken with a pin in it. That happened because he thought it was a good idea to ride a bike drunk.

1 Like

I hate cars too and I don’t own any cars and I don’t and can’t drive. Everybody is better off with me off the road.

1 Like

I mostly prefer walking now. I like having a vehicle for when we go on a trip, but we may look into renting in the future.

1 Like

I’m also glad I don’t have a vehicle. I don’t have a car payment, insurance, fuel and repairs. I have a low budget and I’m glad I don’t struggle with these expenses. I get along fine with alternate transportation.

1 Like

I need my car simply because it’s quicker to get to the volunteering I do. It’s like a 45 minute drive each way and public transport ( train ) is possible but that journey becomes an hour and a half. I would rather not have the expenses of a car but it’s practical for my lifestyle.

1 Like

I took the bus everywhere from 1990-95. That meant a 1 1/2 hour bus ride to work and an 1/1/2 ride back. It meant catching the bus for 45 minutes to college and 45 minutes back. It meant 1 3/4 hours on weekends to visit my sister.

I couldn’t see going those places on a bike 5 or 6 times a week. I mean at the time, I accepted my fate, I did what I had to do because the group home I was in didn’t allow anyone to have a car.

But once I got a car I was home free. I could go places on my schedule, not the buses.

I like riding bikes for fun or exercise. But they just aren’t practical for me as a day to day transportation.

To each his own but during a rainstorm I like driving 30 minutes to work in a warm, dry car, listening to CD’s and sipping a coke.

2 Likes

The hard part of my commute is not tripping over the cat on the stairs.

2 Likes

Yeah, I live in an area notorious for heavy traffic and congestion and very fast paced.
I know first hand why they call it “fighting” traffic.

1 Like

Haha most walk in Nepal

1 Like