I do not want to have a car

Even if somebody gave me a car, I would not like to have one. I would sell it immediately. My bicycle riding is so much better and much cheaper too, I get also my exercising.

9 Likes

Often people’s value is measured by what type of cars people drive, well I have a good bicycle :smile: My cousin used to have Mercedes-benz, now he does not have a car, but this does not make him any less valuable. He has a very broad network people in my town, once he said that he had a meeting with one manager of one facility where criminally insane people are kept. He seems to be a real ladys’ man too.

2 Likes

I have seen even a few lawyers riding their bicycles, one excellent lawyer represented one criminally insane woman very successfully recently, he rode his bicycle too. So in my opinion cars do not represent the value of people.

1 Like

I don’t want to have a car either. I get into too many accidents in them. Mostly my own fault. I sold my car a year and a half ago and moved into an assisted living facility. Now the facility drives me around. On rare occasions I take a cab somewhere. I am very happy with this arrangement.

2 Likes

With my auditory hallucinations, me driving would be dangerous for everyone else on the road.

I’ve never thought that anything a person owns makes their own value in life any higher.
People don’t own objects, they are only the caretakers of said objects, and therefore, the value of the object doesn’t transfer to the ‘owner.’

1 Like

I kind of like my hot rod. Just a bit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh you’re the exception to this rule @shutterbug, :upside_down_face:.

I hate taking the bus. And I can’t bike with my bad back. I was in a board & care home for five years in my mid thirties and I took the bus everywhere including an hour trip to work and an hour back. I took the bus to school also. This involved walking to the heart of downtown with the homeless, and the gang members and other unsavory characters.

I also took the bus to 5 or 6 AA meetings a week at night and then walked home at 10:00 pm at night in the worst parts of town. I got used to it in a fashion because I was still relatively young. That was 1990-95. I eventually got out of that city and moved into nice cities for 20 years. Now I’m 56 and I’m back in the exact city that I spent all the time in the board & care home in. I am still working a physical job but I have a car now. I don’t feel guilty or superior about it. I just feel like I paid my dues with taking the bus for many years and now with my age and my bad back I am going to enjoy driving 10 miles to work instead of spending two or more hours walking to bus stops, waiting for buses, and sitting on crowded buses.

3 Likes

Although I don’t drive a whole lot, I do like the fact that I own a car and have a drivers license.
It makes me feel somewhat “normal”.

3 Likes

I lost my car in an accident and I don’t want a new one ! Hah

Having or not having a vehicle, doesn’t add or take away from your value. But where I live there are no buses no cabs and over 18 miles to the nearest grocery store. Over 45 miles to my GP. Over 90 miles to my pdoc. I can go on and on. But to make it short. Where I live you need a car.

4 Likes

I’m glad to hear you say this. Where I am it is like a crime not to own a car. Everyone will make you feel like a criminal even though there is no crime to be found in what you do.

Really when people get mad at me for how I am, I feel they are actually just jealous that someone may be doing something more noble than they are.

3 Likes

Supercharged 2003 Pontiac GrandAm GT.

Zoom zoom!

:grin:

2 Likes

@shutterbug. You had me thinking for sure you were more of a hippy VW Microbus kinda guy. :smile:

2 Likes

I have a love-hate for cars. They are a great responsibility and expense, but they can serve me well.

I shoot hippies on sight. I do like the VW microbus, but it makes me sad it has become associated with losers. I need one pimped out like this:

1 Like

Your dreams may yet come true @shutterbug

1 Like

I have four Ford Mustangs and a Toyota SUV. I want to buy an airplane in the next year or so. I enjoy being able to drive. It gives you a sense of freedom.

Even more so when I can fly myself around eventually.

3 Likes