Schizophrenia.com

I am glad I stopped smoking tobacco

Now it has been close to eight months without smoking tobacco. I feel better now than when I smoked tobacco.

10 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Smoking causes all kinds of health risks that I do not want to have. Few people whom I have known in the past have died to lung cancer. Why to spend money in the habit that can cause all kinds of health problems. No reason, but still many people do it.

1 Like

I kind of wish I didn’t have to vape, but at the moment I enjoy it. You’ve done very well, hopefully you’ll stay off them for good.

I am happy for you. :hugging:

Smoking is the largest cause of preventable death in the world. Recent studies have found that smokers can undermine the health of non-smokers in some environments.

That’s definitely an inspiring accomplishment. It’s one of the most difficult things to overcome.

For me, it will be 6 months on the 2nd of April. I, too, am glad I quit.

2 Likes

That is very admirable. I think I would like to quit.

hey,

6 years without a smoke and I smoked a pack a day from 14 till 39. Over here in Australia, cigarettes are being taxed out of existence. A pack of 25’s costs like over $20 it’s mad but I couldn’t continue and live a life on the government pension. So I luckily got onto champix and the rest is history.

You’ve done well. But still…6 years later my lungs are rubbish. I still play competitive cricket and my lungs and fitness are rubbish but I’m working on that…

Keep strong. Stay off a highly addictive drug and keep strong!

Rogueone.

2 Likes