Humans pregnancy thread

Already wearing maternity pants and I’m not even showing😅

3 Likes

hehe funny… you prepared then huh =D

2 Likes

Hahah yup!! Super prepared😎

2 Likes

I had a friend who, when pregnant with her second child, wore a shirt that said “if you touch my belly, I will punch you” :joy:
She was sick of old people walking up to her to rub her belly, haha

2 Likes

Yeah I’m already tired of my mom and husband wanting to touch my belly🙄

@Miika

2 Likes

I’m considered a high risk pregnancy because of a chromosomal genetic thing I’m a carrier for. Basically if two of these chromosomes don’t switch properly I could have a miscarriage or the baby is born with physical or mental disabilities… OR the chromosomes don’t switch or they switch correctly and the baby is born fine. So my ultrasound next week is to see if they can spot any abnormalities and if they do I have to get more testing done to see what’s going on… I am hoping everything looks good at the ultrasound.

4 Likes

Good luck! I really hope your baby is healthy. I love that you’re so excited you’re already wearing maternity clothes haha

3 Likes

Thanks @CoCo !

I really hope the baby is fine and healthy too… :raised_hands:

Haha it might partly be because I’m excited but also because a lot of my pants don’t fit comfortably anymore lol (I’ve already put on some weight, don’t think it’s cause of the pregnancy though)

2 Likes

Well, I’m happy for you. I hope it all goes well

2 Likes

Thank you🙂

I appreciate it!

2 Likes

So I spoke to my genetics counselor today and she said not to worry too much about sz being passed to my kids cause genetics is only part of it… I feel a little relieved but now I’m like “sh*t, now I really gotta make sure I don’t mess up my kid” :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, from what I’ve read, with one parent with Sz it’s only anywhere from 5% to 15% chance of child developing sz. Depending on which articles percentage you want to believe. Now if both parents had sz it could be as high as 40% to 50%, again depending upon which articles percentages you believe. So your chances are relatively small according to the articles I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Yeah, she said something about 10% so somewhere in the middle of 5-15%

Idk, I feel like the odds aren’t too bad…

But like I said now I gotta make sure I don’t mess them up too much lol

3 Likes

My sister drives me insane… she texted me asking “are you sure you’re ready for this? Lol” and I responded “yeah, I’m just not ready for labor and my body changing” she said “that’s the easy part” :roll_eyes: like, I just told you what my concerns are… I’m honestly not worried about taking care of the thing. I know I’ll be sleep deprived and I’m sure that’s awful… but still my concern is labor… my sister had a c section so she doesn’t know what labor is like

2 Likes

My bebe🥺 got a surprise ultrasound today at my appointment. The doctor said everything looked good and it was moving around like crazy!!! Looks like it already wants out lol
I told my husband it has his profile but he told me it has a giant head like me LOL

10 Likes

So I got my NIPT test done today (which tests to see if my baby could have Down syndrome or a couple other things…) it also tells you if you’re having a boy or girl! They said I’ll find out in two weeks the results😬 she said maybe a week…

5 Likes

I hope it is good news and that you don’t have to wait long for your results

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch🙌

I’m hoping everything looks good and I find out soon too!

2 Likes

This is horrible to say but I am going to be so disappointed if this baby is a boy… which I think it is :confused:

My dad and husband will be happy about it though

1 Like

I bet you will still adore him once he’s here.

2 Likes