Humans pregnancy thread

Oh wow, so they waited till all of you were born or? I don’t have the patience for that😂

My midwife suggested the genetic testing cause my cousin has Down syndrome… and I kinda wanna make sure there isn’t a chance for that.

2 Likes

Don’t you need a spinal scan on the fetus to detect downs?

But yeah they waited until we were born. Bought neutrally coloured babystuff, like green and orange

2 Likes

Umm supposedly not anymore, it’s not really to detect for sure if they have it, just to see what the probability/chance is I think…

1 Like

Ah, okay.

I have mixed feelings about pregnancy. I would want to have a kid some day, and also experience pregnancy, but childbirth terrifies me and I don’t have what it takes to take care of babies anymore.
I wish I could just like, carry it to term, wave a magic wand, and have a 3 year old next to me, lol

2 Likes

Yeah haha I definitely understand that… I’m terrified about the rest of my pregnancy (my belly getting huge) it freaks me out… same with childbirth… but I think it freaks out every first time mom… so I just try to remind myself its not just me that’s gone through this experience and I’ll be fine.

I’m the opposite- I took care of my nephew most of the time from newborn to one year and it wasn’t too bad… I think it’s the lack of sleep I’m worried about😬 anything older than 3 and I can’t deal with… LOL

1 Like

I’m so excited for you. And don’t worry about your belly. Pregnant women tend to glow and they’re beautiful. You will glow too when you’re farther along. I mean actually, you may already be glowing. Seriously. And it’s a small price to pay for having a child. Children being so much joy. They marvel at everything when they’re young, then they grow and become more mature and you get to see what kind of people they’ve become. They’re our future. Parenthood is really special and I’m so glad I’m a mom.

2 Likes

🥲 thanks @CoCo

I am def not glowing yet lol my skin looks like hell- it’s dry AND I have acne.

I can’t wait to meet the baby.

3 Likes

Lol! That’s ok. I’m sure you’re still beautiful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you🥺
You’re so sweet

@CoCo

2 Likes

Really. We are always harder on ourselves than others are on us. Don’t be so hard on yourself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s very true…

2 Likes

Ughg, I’m so annoyed my husband can’t come to any of my appointments (cause of work) I know someone’s gotta make money but I wish he could come to the ultrasounds🥺

1 Like

He’s probably just as bummed as you are. Is there anyone else you can invite?

2 Likes

My mom? But then there’s the complication of having someone watch my step son… (they’re only allowing one person who has to be over the age of 18 into appointments right now)

2 Likes

Ok. I get it. It’s too bad. Darned Covid!

2 Likes

Yes, lame times right now

2 Likes

Fml, just had hot chocolate and now I don’t feel so good🥴

1 Like

My baby is the size of a hot wheels car!

Next week it’ll be the size of a hacky sack🤯

5 Likes

Give birth now while you have the chance! It will be so much easier!

2 Likes

LOL I know right??

I was just thinking that🙃

2 Likes