Humans new parent thread

Iā€™m feeling that way a little bit tonight too, so I feel ya. Iā€™m not generally depressed or happy or anything. Iā€™m usually blah. I had a med reduction recently though, so maybe I am having emotions come back. Donā€™t know if this is a good thing or not :confused:

I feel ya on the wanting to sleep as well. Iook forward to sleep tonight and a reset for tomorrow. I hope that you are able to get some.

1 Like

Do you want the crisis lines @Human ?

2 Likes

It might be helpful for the future if I need it

2 Likes

If you are feeling suicidal or having a mental health crisis, please tell someone ā€” a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if youā€™re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a crisis intervention hotlineā€”these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries. You do not need to be actively suicidal to benefit from a crisis hotline.

International crisis hotlines:

Crisis hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

2 Likes

Ahā€¦ that definitely could be what it isā€¦ good luck to you!

For me I think itā€™s the lack of sleep getting to me or somethingā€¦

Thanksā€¦ I will get some sleep but it will be minimalšŸ˜¬

2 Likes

This adorable outfit I got to do a photoshoot with bebe human for st. Pattyā€™s day

5 Likes

Very cute @Human .

1 Like

I have been having to tell myself the last couple days ā€œeven tho Iā€™m not the best momā€¦ I am definitely not the worst momā€¦ā€

Ugh.

4 Likes

I feel like no matter what I do, I canā€™t sooth/make baby human happy :sob:

It makes me sad.

Have you tried in a car seat on top of a dryer? :snake::snake::snake:

1 Like

Oh gosh, she HATES the car seat honestlyā€¦ I donā€™t think she would like that

@GrayBear

1 Like

@Human have you ever thought maybe you have postpartum? It can happen to any new moms I think maybe you should talk to someoneā€¦ youā€™ve been feeling down for a while now or am I wrong?

1 Like

Well that is a bummer. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Maybeā€¦ Iā€™ve considered itā€¦

I think I shouldā€¦ Iā€™ll call my therapy/prescribers office tomorrow morning

1 Like

Im glad youā€™re gonna check it out

1 Like

I can relate to this. My daughter was sick from very early on after she was born. She was in pain and would cry incessantly. This went on until she was 8 years old and finally got the treatments she needed. Then we began the recovery process. Sheā€™s physically better now, but has ptsd and an anxiety disorder from how the drs treated her until then. It really sucks.

1 Like

AwšŸ„ŗ

Ugh!!! Thatā€™s horrible

I wonder whatā€™s going on with my babyā€¦

1 Like

It could be just colic

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ hopefully thatā€™s what it is

1 Like

Ugh. I might ask my mom to take the night shift tonight. I was getting creeped out and seeing shadows move out of the corner of my eye last nightā€¦ fml. And I thought I saw someone standing out in our yard (it was just how the tree bark on the tree looked or something)

3 Likes