How would you survive if society collapses?

Especially without meds. Would we be screwed?

Best not to think too far on such things. Seeing I think a lot of our medications are made in China then world trade still needs to happen. Just shows you how less able to deal with crisis the west has become.

The U.S. is in the process of moving all critical drug manufacturing back in country.

2 Likes

Mate. We too need to be doing this>

1 Like

Everyone is in the process of decoupling economically from The Dragon. I just bought a new cell phone. Carefully researched it to make sure not a single component came from China. All South Korean.

1 Like

Yeah most of our manufacturing goes to China. I don’t want to get political but Australia is so tied to Asia even though we are culturally very tied to Europe and Defensively to the USA. We are a mess and we’ll do poorly out of it no matter what.

2 Likes

I would be my own society, a society of one.

1 Like

Oh God I’d be back in hell again. Knowing how terrible I am at harming myself and that id probably not be able to kill myself I would probably just trudge along surviving miserably and trying to make something of my life regardless.

EDIT: I wanted to add don’t stress about it. Society isn’t going to collapse, at least not like it would in the movies. If anything changes it will be our style of economy and there’s quite a few experts who say it will be a good change. Society as we know it though isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Given my family’s resources I’d say I have a solid year before I have to worry. I mean, I’d be hearing stuff and be batcrap crazy, but I’d be alive.

You know, being psychotic was an issue, but for me it is dealing with society as it currently is while psychotic that is harder. I wonder if a more primitive lifestyle would make it more tolerable? Food for thought at least. It would still be insanely stressful, but a different kind of stress. Hunting and gathering food is what I do for a hobby. I’d hope to find a few books to study botany, but I’m pretty solid on my survival game other than that.

This is one reason I don’t want to rely on meds…

1 Like

I wouldn’t be able to survive on my own, I would need someone to care for me.

The withdrawals would suck but id probably pull through. I have some wilderness experience so it wouldnt be too bad if i had to leave the city for awhile. Tho id have to move all the way to the coast before winter or risk death.

If I have to stop meds and get psychotic again it would be extremely difficult but who knows, maybe I’d pull through and adapt instead of die.

If society collapses. I hope we have a new system that takes care of the planet.

1 Like

It’s simple. I wouldn’t.

3 Likes

I would pitch a tent and sleeping bag in the mountains and grow food with a garden…

I think they are to many functional societies outthere. Still, we, the government’s just employ more police.

I will die either by suicide, homicide or by coronavirus.

Same here. I’m long past being able to chop my own firewood.

i dont care one way or the other