How u deal with your delusions

When you get your episodes of strange beliefs whether it’s at home or out in public, do u have any rituals or strategies to combat them and not lose touch with reality?

1 Like

Take the pills. Eventually you learn some perspective.

Don’t blame yourself for stuff that may not happen. Life is complicated and guilt for a schizophrenic is too much to bare.

It’ll all come in if your on the right meds.

3 Likes

I try to rationalize. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

1 Like

If its a delusion like i often get that downstairs have put microphones in there celiing. I try to remind myself - that im honestly not that important to be spied upon.

Me thinking that im an “angel for children” - is a harder one to crack,
I have to tell myself its simply because i missing my Daughter.

Google helps me dispel some delusions as well.

I try to rationalize my way out of them.
“Why would anyone be after me? I haven’t done anything”
And stuff like that.

I also try to write them down as if I’m telling them to someone, that sometimes helps me see how ridiculous they are

1 Like

Deep calm breathing, relaxing muscles and focusing on things I can see, hear, smell and touch.

Lately I have been having weird mini delusions/beliefs. Like I will think and believe “Hitler’s mustache tastes like ice cream” … they are random and sometimes amusing and come out of no where and I believe it as fact until a few seconds later when I think WTF!?

Its been happening more since I reduced my Latuda :confused:

I try to not let it upset me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.