How to publish my book

Does anyone have advice for publishing a book? My first book was self published, needs to be edited… my second book flunky was not that good when I originally wrote it. But then I edited it and now it is really really really good. I don’t think I’m being biased. Wondering some advice for publishing I don’t want to self publish. It’s memoirish/semi autobiographical…but it goes way deeper than that. It’s really a page turner. I think you can read it pretty easy in 2 sittings. It’s only 42k words long and has a theme I think it’s sweet. I have no idea how I ever wrote it. It only took 3 days of initial writing to finish the 42k words. I’m so proud of myself. It’s my second favorite book ever maybe.

3 Likes

I just need to be heard!!! I guarantee if 5 publishing companies read excerpts at least one would take it on. Really written very interestingly

I think @bobbox1980 is a published author.

1 Like

My wife worked in publishing. I don’t want to dash your hopes but it’s crazy hard to get a publishing company to take it on. Sometimes if you self publish and sell a lot they will

2 Likes

And my first book The Raven Who Killed would make a great book too if I edited it…A LOT. Like it’s main focus is stigma of mental health but I had to implement substance abuse into the story. If I can manage to edit out the marijuana use. And make it all about mental health stigma it would be great too. I’m proud if myself

I don’t have any advice on publishing, but congratulations on the book.

2 Likes

I wonder if he self published or what.

both my books are timeless. In that they will be even more intriguing with time as it passes. So I’m in no rush to publish. At least I got that on my side

Take a look at his book. It might be self-published after all… :disappointed:

Also, available for free here:
http://www.forbiddentechnology.org/

1 Like

Yeah book stuff is real hard to get noticed and stuff. Not an easy industry no matter how good you are.

Yes it’s hard. I wrote a book or two but struggled to get it published. Finally one of the books (my memoir on living with mental illness) I managed to get accepted by a publisher and I was thrilled but then had problems with the bank and with payment so had to cancel the contract. That was in 2015 and I never wrote since. My motivation died out. Don’t know when I will ever pick it up again. It was a huge blow.

2 Likes

You should contact an agent and they’ll help you publish.

1 Like

It’s sort of a shame because me and you have great stories on mental illness and stuff like that that need to be told, then I go to Barnes & Noble and I see the most Lame /Should’ve never been written books in the world that are published. Those people got extremely lucky in life

I self-published the book on Amazon, I don’t have a publisher.

1 Like

That’s so cool that you write!! I have no ideas about publishing but just wanted to say how awesome that is!!

1 Like