How to increase GABA(The anti-stress neurotransmitter)

GABA seems to be key to manage my stress. Be aware that supplementing with GABA itself can cause tardive dyskinea. However that has not happened when I have taken some of the mentioned herbs that indirectly works on gaba receptors.

I didn’t know that. Yikes…

Yeah, that happened with me at least when i took 750mg each day. I tried again with only 250mg a day, and that seems to be tolerable.

1 Like

I want the opposite of GABA sleepiness, I need stimulants like Adderall and Ritalin or Ldopa to improve negative symptoms.

1 Like

My gp dr refused prescribing them, he said I might end up back in mental hospital but he referred me to a new pdoc. I dont have a pdoc since 7 Jan this year

1 Like

I must have a lot of gaba. I’m rarely if ever stressed. The closest thing I come to stress is having to do school work. That’s more like dread though. I guess that’s probably from Army training that I don’t get stressed.

1 Like

500mg of GABA did nothing for me. 1000mg gave me a body buzz for a few hours.

I’m on 1.5mg of clonazepam which acts on GABA receptors. I use if for sleep and so far it’s been very good at putting me to sleep, and as a side effect I’ve never felt calmer.

I’ve tried GABA increasing foods/teas but they don’t do anything, or if they do do something the effect is negligible on me, I need something much more powerful, so I take clonazepam.

1 Like