How to fight negative thoughts

How do you try and fight back negativity ?

I was just thinking to myself, why am I consumed by negative thoughts, when actually there are some pretty good things going on right now…

It’s like I am stuck in a mode that will never let me be happy, let alone appreciate the good things

6 Likes

Try to avoid stuff you see as negative.

All I seem to do is continuously punish myself, and I don’t think it’s healthy, at all

1 Like

I have only read a small portion of my CBT books but I would think something like this might be helpful to you. Writing down the techniques involved would make for too lengthy of a post for here.

They do deal with negative thoughts in CBT though. If you can’t get a therapist to help you through them, maybe you can teach yourself to work through them. Just a suggestion that you might try.

1 Like

Tonight, do something relaxing and try to enjoy your evening.

2 Likes

Write down ten things you’re grateful for.

3 Likes

I did 24 sessions of therapy and it didn’t even scratch the surface.

To be honest I think the therapist was rubbish

Might have to try and do this when I can find the motivation…

I just had a thought that I might make my desktop wall paper on my computer a collage of good photos of good things, and try to see them each day when I wake up and turn on my PC?

1 Like

Sounds like a good place to start.

Yeah, I am having the same problem. I can’t seem to stay motivated to read my CBT books.

@shutterbug suggested a book called don’t sweat the small stuff.

Might try and read it again

It’s good because the advice is so short

I got an Autism book that the diagnosing physician told me to get and it was the shittest book ever

There must be a happy medium somewhere…

1 Like

Yea. I keep thinking to myself, well I haven’t relapsed yet. I am always attentive to momments when I think I am hallucinating. It’s like I can’t just let go fully. It’s always there with me

i am also quite negative i am trying to train myself to focus on other things than those that drag me down. the mental energy i spend on my negative thoughts is astronomical i am exhausted from them. enough. gotta let it go.’

judy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :laughing: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Get into the Christmas spirit. Watch “A Christmas Carol” on dvd. I like the George C. Scott version best.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.