How streaming has affected the Music Industry

Mainstream music is monotonous, uniform sludge, and YT Music’s algorithm plays the same songs over and over until my ears bleed.

2 Likes

I don’t know about ruining music, but it’s certainly devaluing music. There’s a trend in society to devalue things that were held in high regard in previous eras. This phenomenon is happening in music today, and streaming is doing its part to help that trend along.

I currate my own lists on spotify. Bands id of never heard were able to be reached.

Its made the market extremely competitive for bands but for us listeners its fantastic

3 Likes

Here’s what I got to listen to when record companies and radio station executives were the gatekeepers:

Now I get to listen to artists like this:

Music has much more character these days.

:grin:

3 Likes

Despite their corniness, I think the first two songs actually have some appeal in a weird sort of old rock kind of way.

2 Likes

[ suspicious glance from under couch ]

[ slides pamphlet on dangers of drug use out from under couch for @Bowens ]

4 Likes

Yeah youtube has blessed us with this masterpiece

3 Likes

EPIC SAX GUY!!!

[ disco lights appear from under couch ]

:partying_face:

1 Like

Those are two of the worst songs ever recorded

1 Like

I beg to differ…have you ever heard…that song that goes “Oh baby you, you’ve got what I neeeeed, well you say hes just a freind”… completely out of pitch? I believe that outranks these by far…

2 Likes

I love that song :rofl: me and my friends used to sing it in the car all out of pitch!

2 Likes

Your taste is horrible. That song is a mastahpiece

2 Likes

Blech…worst song I ever heard. A grade school choir could sing better.

1 Like

I still buy music on itunes. Spotify and such is like 0.000003 cents a song or something similar. It’s nuts. Unless your on high rotation your not getting diddly where you used to get at least a 20 cents from a $1 song. I’m not sure on the actual numbers but I think I’m close.

Streaming favors the major players. It doesn’t help the small bands trying to get through a pandemic where live music has suffered. I am back buying records and I don’t mind paying for music. I support independant music and I pay for what I listen too appropriately.

1 Like

I’m going to buy some Vinyls to support my fav dnb artists

I want a collection; only issue is Vinyls deteriorate so I might just buy a CD or digital album online

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.