How on earth it is possible to feel nothing at all from my heavy ap?

Ok, i was diagnosed as paranoid sz with negative symptoms, but it still strange to me, that i feel nothing from my zyprexa… How is it possible? It was the same with the most of the other aps…
How is it possible to feel my zyprexa as a candy, while its a heavy ap??? I even heard from some people they trip on aps… For me, nothing like this…
I also am tired to be the slave of my pain since 25 years, i never had a life, but this is another story… I have paranoia too though and the aps never fixed this… Is it possible to trop on an ap also? What kind of human am i am to feel such a heavy ap as a candy? Lol…
i take it though, cause without, it risks that my symptoms will be worse, but i feel nothing on it, yeah… Which is ultra strange i find :frowning:
I have to deal with conversion disorder too, which sucks tbh…

That is very strange. I have been using zyprexa for a long time. At doses of 10mg and above I get heavily sedated. Is your digestion normal? The only thing I can think of is that your body may not absorb the medicine properly.

My un-educated guess is you probably developed a tolerance to Olanzapine. I was on 20mg for a couple of years and it did bugger all.

On the other hand Quetiapine has nicely put me to sleep for years now.

As far as “tripping” on Ap’s - thats a new one on me. Sounds like some rubbish that someone has said and its turned into a myth. “anti-psychotic” should be self-explanatory.

Conversation disorder - I take it you mean social-anxiety. Yep, alot of us have that im afraid. Talking therapys help with that.

2 Likes

If you have enough insight to know that you’re schizophrenic, the Zyprexa is working. Dealing with the negative symptoms is your job, not the APs. If you’re waiting for an AP to resolve the negative symptoms, you’ll likely die still waiting.

1 Like

I think I would have made a lot of enemies if I tried to sell zyprexa as a recreational drug :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Funny you should say that. Seraqoul is very popular in prisons - or as its slang term is known “serial Killer”. The cons love it, cos it knocks them out and they can sleep the day away.

2 Likes

Yes I tried serouqel too. I think of it as a not so heavy drug as zyprexa, and I think it is prescribed off label as a sleep drug. I felt more normal on seroquel but it didn’t help me with positive symptoms or else I might have sticked with it. Zyprexa is really bad, no one would take it unless they had to I think.

1 Like

I meant ‘‘conversion disorder’’, not a conversation disorder, dear… Its some kind of disability of the body, bad motricity and all kind of somatic stuff because of the ill mind i think… I somatize a lot in my illness, so i am very often in mental, but phyical pain too :confused: Meds are working poorly on this yeap.

1 Like

Sorry never heard of that. Maybe someone with more experience of that can help you. :slight_smile: @Anna1

Tbh my guess is that in my illness, i was always a bit way ‘‘dead’’… I was a very inactive and calm kid, i have this illness since kid too and even the docs wonder what i have… I always lacked energy, so my guess is that i feel nothing on zyprexa, cause i was always ‘‘low’’… But it doesnt even put me to sleep lol… Yeah, but even for me its strange to feel nothing…

1 Like

I wish I had some advice for you, but this is a new one. I think you need to talk to a professional, like a psychiatrist. They might have experienced something similar with other patients.

1 Like

I always had a lot of insight @velociraptor… I was afraid to be sz even before my diagnosis lol… In fact, i am even a way too aware of my illness, so my fears are based on this - not be seen as ill, hated (for some other reasons), being aggressed cause annoying etc etc… I am a very strange sz i find lol…

1 Like

Its the psychiatrists which wonder what i have… I had 8 hospitalizations with no progress in my life… I never felt happy, but now i prefer to fight alone, only taking the prescribed meds from my ex pdoc etc… I was in the hands of the pdocs for ten years and they never helped, never… One pdoc even sweared, that i am borderline and not sz, but i have paranoia and some other stuff :confused:

1 Like

Don’t worry. It just means your body tolerated it well. I’ve tried lots of APs that were like candy to me. No side effects at all. Nothing has touched my paranoia yet so I can relate to that as well.

1 Like

Well, the best way to fight the illness I find is to excersise regulary, eat healthier and keep active, getting out of the house and going for walks help me a lot… Also to find the treshold for your medication so you take the minimum dose you are able to function on in cooperation with your doctor.

2 Likes

Oh, thanks pianogal… Yeah, maybe this happens to some of us… MY paranoia is strong too, but i guess its psychological, thats why the meds dont help… One pdoc even opened to me, that they gave me way too many meds in the past… So now, i dont switch meds anymore, but now i feel alone in this fight… Idk if my efforts will pay, idk if i’ll have enough strentgh or if its possible to beat a mental problem just by efforts yeap… I am in big despair every evening, but anyway…

2 Likes

I totally understand. It’s all very hard to deal with. I always end up on the highest dose possible on each med I try. It’s very frustrating

In all honesty - i dont think anyones paranoia with Sz truly goes away.

You might just have to learn to live with it.

If im not sure about something or what was said i always “Check it out” - dont worry if you come across as a bit mad or not when you ask them.

At least that way you dont worry about it all day.

I see @Naarai, thanks… Yeap, i try this method now, to carry less… Yeap, i always hated myself so now i try to push my self loving lol… I also couldnt look at the others eyes for years and still cant, many, many other stuff too… The aps never helped, never… I could be so unhappy, that even my body hurts as hell or i cant even move from this ‘‘unhappiness’’ lol… The pdocs doesnt know really what i have, they all wonder… I have cognitive issues too btw. I often have so few pleasure to socialize that its killing me, cause i still miss the people yeah… I dont even mention the irritability, which i carry since kid, the anger, not talking etc etc… The truth is that i come from a family, where my father was beating till death my mother and my sister just like this, without even drinking… I lived myself a long time as a psycho too yeap :cry: and i live in isolation since 20 years… Yeah… I dont believe in meds for my case anymore, its too strange what i have with this conversion disorder and the rest… But as i said, i worry if i’ll have enough strength now to change my life and become a bit more happier and healthier :confused:

1 Like

Oh, i see… Well, i never had very big dosages, but i tried 11 aps for ten years. I did only this with the belief, that ill feel better, but nothing… As you know, 30 % of the people dont react to meds. But i have sz friends irl and they were all helped by the meds… Not me… I guess there is no cure about the human suffering still lol… We should both be outside more, but for me too its hard too this because of the paranoia, especially in the evenings…

1 Like