How old were you when you began having symptoms of schizophrenia?

Hey guys, as above, i was 19 years of age, thoughts?

4 Likes

Looking back, 18 or 19. It was a big deal back then; now my symptoms aren’t a big deal.

3 Likes

16 but it didn’t become noticeable until I was 20

3 Likes

I dunno really.

I think I had internal voices when I was little, but didn’t know any better. Just lived with it.

But I was actively prodromal from about 20 to 24, until psychosis hit when I was 25.

4 Likes

Around 6 years old. I was so lonely starting communicating with the unknown, the unknown
answered. Or maybe they took care of me.

2 Likes

I am not a psychiatrist but roughly around 14 years of age.

3 Likes

17 years old in highschool

2 Likes

24 psychosis hit

2 Likes

Heard voices and had delusions for first time when I was about 15 but only diagnosed at 18

2 Likes

Like 7 I believe

1 Like

After my son was born

2 Likes

I remember my first visual hallucination at 9.

1 Like

I started have mental health problems around 19, then around 25 I became psychotic and was diagnosed with schizophrenia at 26.

3 Likes

Psychosis hit me at 24. Before that I was a year into meditation, reiki, essential oils, massages and other new age stuff.

3 Likes

First minor positives started around 12. I had occasional brief voices, and some odd thinking. Started my depressive swings, started to isolate.

First major break at 15, and subsequent years of symptoms.

3 Likes

My negatives started around age 12, positives started at late 14

3 Likes

I was 12 when I started to develop schizoaffective bipolar type.

3 Likes

16y.o., negative and cognitive symptoms then positive symptoms at 20y.o., psychosis diagnosis at 21y.o.

3 Likes

I was 30 when I experienced being psychotic (quite old compared to the other people here!)

3 Likes

I was 35. My mom was a similar age. I had more stress after working.

3 Likes