How old were you when you began having symptoms of schizophrenia?

I believe about 6 or 7. Parents thought I had an active imagination. Didn’t get treatment until I was 20.

2 Likes

I was about 27 or 28. At first I thought the mob put a hit out on me. Then I thought the FBI was talking to me through my phone.

2 Likes

Schizophrenia didn’t begin for me until the age of about 49. But I had been psychotic for years before that

2 Likes

I got sick at 38. Not very common but I guess I was lucky because I had a good life before it hit.

It’s taken me about 12 years but I am back to work in my field sort of.

2 Likes

My psychotic symptoms started when I was 15, though I had mood symptoms (schizoaffective bipolar type) before that.

1 Like

I started having symptoms around 15. It didn’t really affect me until I was 18 to 19. I was diagnosed at 19.

2 Likes

Officially right on time as they say it does for men, 23-24, unofficially probably much earlier 18-19.

1 Like

Probably like 6 or 7

1 Like

I started hearing voices when I was 23. Probably prodromal since I was 18-19.

I had first episode when I was 15. Cognitive deficits were there from maybe 12-13.

I was 26 and thought there were cameras in my office watching everything I did. Sz -slowly- got worse over 30 months to the point I had audible hallucinations and some pretty strange delusions.

24 year. 151515

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.