How often do you see a psychiatrist?

I see mine once a months, but I started out 2 times a month.

Once a month, for about 10 minutes. I keep the visits short. I live in an assisted living center for the mentally ill, and the pdoc comes once a month and visits all forty of us in one day.

Four times a year, once every three months. It’s a pretty short visit, usually only lasts about ten minutes.

I’m learning to be more & more silent around him because I know that the only method of treatment he has in store for me is ineffective. I open up to my psychotherapist, though, of which I see twice a month or every two weeks.

every 6 weeks for about 10-15 minutes. I have an opportunity to start therapy. Haven’t made a decision yet

Once a week for an hour each time. She’s a psychopharmacologist, though, so we do therapy as well.

My old psychiatrist I saw maybe every two months. I don’t know about the new one.

Every 3 months.

Once every six months it used to be once every 3 months

I see her three to four times a year for about 10 to 20 minutes at a time.

Twice a year for meds management I see the ARNP. When I change care, need to see them monthly, then less frequently, takes a while for pdoc to build up confidence in patient function.

Therapy here is so damaging, causes some to crack as PTSD issues are left go until patient freaks. No point to it, just keeps you talking until the therapist can tell you need an intervention but refuses to help with the stuff surrounding ‘the usual’ way schizo works here. NO coping help at all…Doesn’t really even calm me down any more to talk, just annoyed.

I see my psychiatrist every 2 weeks or so, sometimes once a month

I’m down to once a month… about 30 minutes now. If I’m really falling apart… I can call for an emergency appointment.

Once every 4-6 weeks ish for about 10-15 minutes. But I see my care coordinator who is a nurse every week or two.

On an as needed basis. Maybe once a year.

Every other week…haven’t had an appointment I haven’t needed

Once a year not often enough

every three months

Once a month for about half an hour.

Every three or four months… The bad thing with me is that I oftenly cancel the appointment like day or two because my mood changes and I just feel like I don’t want to go…It really makes me appear totally irresponsible.

1 Like

Mine varies from weeks to months. I usually see a psychiatrist when I either ask or need to see one.