How much time will it take for schizophrenia to be cured?

I feel I am in a race against time to survive until a cure emerges.

I’d give it like 40 years but I think some nice meds will be out before then

3 Likes

@anon82230070 GOOD MEDICATIONS, that have a therapeutic effect and don’t cause side effects,
can increase our life expectancy.

Tbh I think we’ll have some meds in the future that’ll increase cognition for sz and nts. I’m looking forward to it

@anon82230070 I hope for a medication that will allow me to breath properly, without side effects.

That would definitely be something worthwhile taking lol

1 Like

Brace yourself for some bad news.

Research in mental health is grossly underfunded. Cancer gets the most money by far. Mental health receives a small amount relative to the needs for service let alone research. There are treatments and doctors who provide great service for schizophrenia. Seek them out.

Predicting research results is nearly impossible, but progress in understanding of psychiatric conditions and the development of therapy (medicine) has reached an accelerated pace and hopefully this will be solved some day.

It can be managed through appropriate meds, but the underlying disease process is still there. A “cure” indicates stopping or preventing the disease process. There is likely a genetic component to it, but other factors are definitely involved. A breakthrough would involve genetic mapping and genetic manipulation.

3 Likes

Meds would have ■■■■■■ me up so much with side effects I don’t know if it would really be that big of a deal. Nah, seriously I’m not having sz atm just mania and anxiety plus tardive, ptsd, fear of abandonment etc etc

1 Like

100 years for a societal cure.

Cancer is by far more of medical concern that schizophrenia.

1 Like

I hope there’s a cure too, maybe through nutrition and supplements or even a microchip but not sure.

Decades.
I don’t see a cure being found anytime soon.
Hopefully the new drugs coming out will be favorable.

1 Like

I really don’t see how someone can make a prediction. It will go along and maybe they will find a cure but how could you predict that?

1 Like

https://amazingpict.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/crystal-ball-fortune-teller.jpg

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.