How much family support do you get?

I pay everything myself — dad is my payee and he manages money as well as throwing me lunch and 20 dollar bills every other week …
I have a very tight budget but I make it work without going in the hole every month :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Not much from my mom before she passed, no dad or siblings, nothing from cousins or aunt/uncles and such. Have had to hold my own for a lot of my life. My wife and daughter are very supportive now and it’s appreciated.

1 Like

More from my stepdaughter and my granddaughters than I ever got from my birth family. My brother emails fairly regularly. Sister very infrequently . My father has mellowed with age, but will only talk for a few minutes before getting my stepmother to talk to me.

2 Likes

Let me take this back.
I don’t think he’s a sociopath.
But definitely a Narcissist.

He cried over my Moms death and during his divorce.

My parents help me most of the time but idk what I will do after they die or become too old to take care of me like shopping for me, managing my money, cleaning my clothes, cooking, etc

1 Like

What will you do after he’s gone? My parents manage my money too.

1 Like

One of my brothers is like that, he often pickup fights with me, with my other brother and with my parents. He thinks he’s an animal in nature and have to dominate. He always think he’s right, put high volume music in the house around us etc Yea he thinks the world revolves around him.

2 Likes

Well, I’m not stupid and I can survive and budget myself ---- I have a plan if my dad passes away ---- I’ll probably just pinch pennies living in my apartment, spending as little as possible as long as my girlfriend doesn’t move in, then I’d go halfers with her ----- Im one of those types that takes what I need only and only what I need, my wants are reserved for later as something special :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

mom and dad are supportive, but sometimes dad drives me crazy with his leadership role on politics and religion. my sister visited me in the hospital one time, mostly i just see mom and dad on a daily basis, and they cook me a lot of meals and take me on trips and provide housing for me although i do pay rent.

2 Likes

My family is very supportive but I don’t want to burden them any more than I already do.

2 Likes

I only have my aunt that helps around the house.

1 Like

My dad mocked me when I told him I got rAped! My mom is the sweetest and best mom I could ask for. My dads a good guy too but I don’t know why he mocked me :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.