How much can a specialist help with symptoms of schizophrenia?

I have been seeing a therapist for a couple years now. I chose her because she specialized in social anxiety. I started to show irritation with her when she would say things indicating a dislike for my thoughts. Now, she has said that she has helped me as much as she can. She now wants me to find a therapist who specializes in schizophrenia. My question is how much more can a therapist who specializes in schizophrenia help with symptoms of schizophrenia?

1 Like

It is a loop. Schizophrenia and social anxiety. Your therapist has given up because she thinks treating schizophrenia can alter the loop and lessen social anxiety.

I have tried seeing a psychologist. Didn’t help much. We just chatted. I see a psychiatrist now who’s also a psychotherapist. It’s 2 in 1 and that works best for me. Good luck in finding a therapist that specializes in sz. That is here not easy to find.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.