How do you guys like latuda? I just got on it

I just started it and wondering what everyone’s experiences are? I haven’t taken it in 5 years so I don’t remember if I like it or not

1 Like

I’ve been on it for a couple years now I think. At 140mg it gave me akathisia but my pdoc backed me off to 120mg and it mostly went away. I still deal with mild akathisia but nothing serious. It has worked pretty well for me I guess. I don’t feel quite as paranoid and my thoughts aren’t as intrusive as they once were. Of course, it hasn’t gone completely away but the Latuda does help.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I’m extremely paranoid so I’m hoping I get at a good place with it. I’m tired of trying medications.

2 Likes

I hope it works out for you. Don’t give up hope.

1 Like

How long did it take for it to be effective? It’s been at least 4 weeks of 120 mg of this and 24mg of perphenazine and still nothing on positive symptoms. I’m desperate!

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t remember. It’s been a while. I do remember that I had to get up to the higher dose, like 120mg, to see a real difference. maybe it will kick in if you give it a little more time. If not, stay in touch with your pdoc.

1 Like

Thanks, I left a message yesterday.

2 Likes

I’m on Latuda. Takes about a month typically for me to notice if its doing its job or not, when I was swapping meds.

I still get delusional every now and again, but typically I feel fairly normal on it. Just needed a depression medicine because I’ve been pretty bummed for a bit.

Always consult your doctor when you’re switching meds or want to make a change, they know how to ween you off stuff and doing things correctly will cause less damage.

1 Like

I’m on latuda and don’t hear ‘them’ anymore. It has been a positive med for me.

1 Like

It didn’t work very well for me and it made me gain a ton of weight because of the calorie requirements.

1 Like

My pdoc is switching me for risperidone to latuda. I’m now on 1mg risperidone, 60mg of latuda a day.

So far I’m feeling like the latuda is having a hard time keeping up with my symptoms, I still get the crowd daily.

I’m interested in hearing others input too

1 Like

I’m still waiting for latuda and perphenazine to work. Sigh.

1 Like

Latuda was great for depression and psychosis. Plus I lost weight on it. Unfortunately any dosage eventually gave me major league akathisia. I tried cogentin and propranolol but nothing helped.

Hope it works for you. It is a good med for a lot of people. Plus it just went generic in the USA. Not sure if you can get it yet.

2 Likes

I got akathisia on Latuda, but it was great for 18 months until that happened.

I was on 110mg a day.

I am on Amisulpride now which works just as well with no side effects as yet.

I have also tried Olanzapine, Haldol, Abilify and Risperidone.

I would have liked to stay on Latuda, but my pdoc refused to put me on Propolanol (This that’s how you spell it!)

1 Like

I wish Amilsulpride was available in the US. From what I have read, it sounds like a great medication.

1 Like

I like her fine but I don’t do sloppy seconds. Does she have a sister?