How many of you are completely symptom free

Question ^ (15151515)

I have been without symptoms for 2 months.
It was unbelievable.
Now I have symptoms again.

2 Likes

I am just negative symptoms have no motivation but no positive symptoms

2 Likes

I do really well with symptoms. They aren’t too pronounced on the meds but under stress I get a bit more symptomatic.

So. I don’t work for a living and live on the pension. Ie government benefits but I make a great life by volunteering.

Plenty of other people deal with symptoms and lead great lives…it really is possible if you hang out here enough.

2 Likes

Not without symptoms by far

1 Like

I have periods with no positive symptoms at all. During pms time i often have issues, but last time wasnt too bad. And when something scary happens, I get very paranoid at times.

Today i feel okay and completely without symptoms though. :slight_smile:

I guess i take things day by day and i am happy with good moments.

3 Likes

I don’t have a lot of symptoms at the moment, but I don’t think I’ll ever be 100% symptom free.

I am doing a hell of a lot better than I was a year ago, though

3 Likes

In October last year I was described as being mostly in remission with some breakthrough psychosis . That would be some paranoia and functional hallucinations .

On the negative side it’s hard to separate the sz from the ASD. I have little ambition. I’m quite socially withdrawn.Emotionally rather flat.

1 Like

my positive symptoms are nearly all gone… i get symptoms more when i get stressed but i try to not get stressed and that helps.

I do have negative and cognitive symptoms though

3 Likes

I had increasingly severe symptoms last year and a complete breakdown in December. Hospitalised in January and now going through a very good patch. Virtually no symptoms. No voices, no depression, low anxiety… But sometimes I feel Alien in background suggesting horrible thoughts…only a tiny suggestion but he’s there as usual

1 Like

Have no symptoms currently other than little anxiety

2 Likes

since 2010 ive developed peace of mind…its magic

1 Like

I have been functioning mostly normally for the last 10 years or so while on .5-1mg of haldol. I have worked and traveled the world and am currently living abroad. Sometimes I experiment with going off my medicine for a week or so but quickly realize that I do not feel well without it although I am yet to go into another psychosis.

3 Likes

No symptoms here but some side effects from medication. fair trade?

1 Like

I got the infinite past life thing all the time. That’s it. And negative and cognitive symptoms that never go away at all. In 10 years, I have had no positive symptoms except some delusions and paranoia. I self-medicate with energy drinks, which is probably why I haven’t recovered because the meds don’t work/cancel out.

1 Like

90% free of symptoms except I have several delusions.

But I have REALLY BAD depression. My depression is so severe that I’m constantly hating myself or thinking about suicide.

That said, psychosis is not really there but I have really really horrible depression.

1 Like

I just get paranoid at the moment. Not really sure if it’s even really a symptom.

Basically unmedicated I am a nutcase, and a danger to myself - so on that basis, sure I am symptom free

1 Like

I’m symptom free as long as I’m not stressed out. I got schizophrenia in 1996 when I was 20. My psychosis was very severe. The doctors told my mom I’d have to be institutionalized and there was very little chance I’d recover.

I spent 10 years in the workforce and had to learn how to cope with my illness. I learned to hide it well. I did a lot of soul searching while working. Working helped me with my communication skills. It also helped me distinguish what was real and what wasn’t.

I also taught myself how to play chess. Chess helps with planning and memory. Every night I’d come home from work and play chess.

I rarely have hallucinations and I’ve overcome the worst of my delusions. Although I still have paranoia and a hard time trusting people. I’ve built a wall around myself and I don’t let many people in.

I had a lot of bad stuff happen to me when I was young. I walked a thin line between prison and death. I was on drugs and took everything to the extreme. I wronged a lot of poeple and a lot of people wronged me.

I have a couple close friends and that’s it.

2 Likes

I have zero positive symptoms as far as I can tell. I still have negative symptoms though.

1 Like

I’m symptom free since I got out of hospital 7 months ago (I had gone off medication, bad idea!)

1 Like