I do.

But I’m going to look at myself every morning in the mirror

And remind myself

I’m okay

Positive affirmation

Brain wash myself

7 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve seen people even write affirmations on their mirrors or put sticky notes…

I normally always have self image issues…
Even when I was at my smallest, I still didn’t realize how small I really was. Later I had a couple people tell me I was too skinny when I was at my smallest🤷‍♀️

Even though I am pregnant and weigh the most I ever have, I honestly don’t feel too bad in my body right now.

2 Likes

You must hide it well, because you don’t look over weight in your pictures to me. :parrot::parrot::parrot:

2 Likes

It’s not just the weight, but yea, thankyou Graybear :grin:

2 Likes

That’s really good! I’m happy for you.

1 Like

lol thanks🥰

We will see how I feel in a couple weeks

2 Likes

I hate my belly. Even after losing a hundred pounds I still have a bit of a belly. Good news is I found some shirts that hide it so I just wear those all the time

6 Likes

Congrats on losing 100 lbs. :snake::snake::snake:

4 Likes

Congratulations on losing hundred pounds that’s so amazing. You must be extremely proud of your amazing achievement

3 Likes

I am happy I lost it. This past week I’ve messed up on calories. I’ve had about 2,000 a day and for my metabolism that means weight gain. I’ve got to stick to 1600 a day. So after Christmas, I’m going to buckle down and get back on track

4 Likes

Thanks @GrayBear

2 Likes

When i was a kid i really disliked my own head (i thought it was far too big). When i saw the old Frankenstein movie i felt i was and looked exactly like the monster:

Later on I got more relaxed.

I know it won’t help that much, but according to the photos i have seen of you, you look good and have got nothing to worry about. I know it doesn’t work that way. If you are convinced that something is wrong, you have to change your own attitude and thats easier said than done,

2 Likes

Some of the clothes I currently wear are becoming loose fitting. Need a new wardrobe soon although my body is still big for my height.

2 Likes

I was ok with my weight for a long time but now it’s frustrating me. I need to lose at least 100 pounds

3 Likes

It’s possible. I’ve lost 80lbs.But you have to figure out what is causing your weight gain. Mine was due to my meds, I eventually quit the 2 meds that made me overweight, and switched to a new one that doesn’t have that problem.

3 Likes

I will be 63 on January 1st, and I still haven’t gotten over my insecurities about my body, which is bad, because I’m heading downhill physically. I need to be thinking about exercise and diet as things to prolong my life because there are things I want to do before I kick the can. I want to see Europe again. I want to see the giant Redwoods in the Pacific Northwest. I want to see Maine because it is where Robert Frost lived. To a guy from Oklahoma the historic ambience of Europe is engrossing.

2 Likes

For me clozapine which I’m on for my schizophrenia causes weight gain but that’s not the only culprit. I have a history of eating disorders. I’m no longer anorexic/bulimic but I do binge a lot.

I’m cooking pork roast. I want to put bbq sauce on it once it’s done but the sauce has sugar in it and because I recently realized I’m a sugar addict I should not eat it.

@Naarai I might break down & eat some tortilla and barbecue pork for dinner. I mean who watches what they eat during the holiday season? It’s just a struggle I’m going through. Don’t give up on me.

4 Likes

My body or the ones I’ve hidden?

:eyes:

2 Likes

And why not? I would never give up on you :slight_smile:

2 Likes