How many are completely normal on meds

Other then having some negative symptoms I feel completely normal after 3 years of antipsychotics.

13 Likes

Well I don’t have any positive symptoms but have bad negative symptoms. I was much more functional before sz.

6 Likes

Ive been Stable a while now since getting on an injection too. @anon39239665 happy for you you feel better

1 Like

Good news, glad to hear! I don’t think I’m “normal”. I’ve never been normal. But I am quite stable, and my positive symptoms I under control, save for some lingering delusions

5 Likes

I’ve left normal behind long ago. Even if my symptoms were to be eliminated, I still live with my experiences and the damage they caused.

5 Likes

Not normal, but a lot more functional and I enjoy life again.

6 Likes

I’m fairly normal. Interested to see if that continues now that I’ve stopped my Loxapine and am only on Geodon as a AP. I have barely had any voices or paranoia for the last 6 months now

1 Like

I present well but I have learned to live a low stressed life. I don’t work. I work I get stressed. I get stressed I get paranoid. So on my terms I appear quite good to most people but I’ve some baggage hidden in the background.

7 Likes

Still angry and have some negatives. Maybe a bit of positives which can’t be blasted away over the years.

1 Like

I need more APs but the pharmacist and psychiatrist are taking ages to figure out what to treat me with

Still have psychosis, but I have tried many meds, and apparently I have to wait for them now…

It has been a week since my appointment and still nothing

Who doesn’t really? We just know what’s packed in ours.

1 Like

I still hear voices on meds and have vivid dreams. I also sleep a lot. Besides that most things are pretty normal aroundhere.

1 Like

I am “normal” as far as positives go. I can’t quite shake the negatives though.

2 Likes

I am near to normal.

3 Likes

I am close to leading a normal life while on anti-psychotic medication.

3 Likes

I’ve been going through alot recently with the death of my father and then getting kicked out of my moms house to live alone for the first time in my life… i think thats the main reason why i’m so unstable right now… my insight in particular is really bad. i dont believe my problems are caused by schizophrenia. Sometimes i wonder if i even have it. I wonder all the time if i’m seeing reality right or if its just my mind making me believe the things i do but theres no real way of knowing,

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, @BronxJazzy! I’m sorry to hear about your father. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

2 Likes

I don’t consider myself “normal”. With several disabilities, including schizoaffective bipolar type, I struggle to get by. I can’t work a job. I am easily stressed and overwhelmed.

But I have a good life. I have a husband, some furry pets, a scaley pet, a home, a car, and some loving family members. So, I am OK. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sometimes I consider going back on Invega because it made my hallucinations completely disappear whereas with ability it’s like 50% gone.

I’m almost normal. I still get psychotic symptoms every now and then. I have some negative and cognitive symptoms too. But, I’m now more normal than I’ve ever been.

2 Likes