How many are completely normal on meds

Welcome to the forum @BronxJazzy I know it is difficult to be alone. I have the thoughts like “Things can go wrong.” which is true. Even though nothing would be likely to happen, I don’t like alone. I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to think through a negative incident. Fortunately, I live with others.

I was completely normal for a year on a low dosage of melleril, which is no longer used. I had a girlfriend and a job, no symptoms and a libido. I broke up with the girl, restrained my normal sexual urges and went off my meds for a time. I’ve never been all right again.

I wonder why they didn’t like melleril.

I guess I’m pretty normal. Nobody thinks I’m unusual or anything and sometimes guys tell me that other guys are crazy as if I’m a really normal guy.

Melleril was supposed to cause heart disease in long term use.

1 Like

Almost normal. Have occasional periodic episodes or glitches, especially with stress, but mostly normal functioning ok.

1 Like

thats how i felt in the beginning when i first moved into my apt,… i thought it was haunted and went through a whole delusional phase surrounding that… now i’m just depressed. You’re lucky to have people around… living alone isn’t all it s cracked up to be.

2 Likes

Do you live in an apartment complex? Is nearby friendship available?

I’ve been on Aripiprazole for a short time, but for now I feel sedated and a little restless, I don’t know if it’s because of the medication

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @BronxJazzy .

1 Like

I agree. I lived alone a couple times and I hated it.

2 Likes

yeah i live in an apt but havent met anyone yet. i dont tend to be social unless i’m in the hospital… i think i’m going to talk to my psychiatrist about this when i talk to him on the 20th to see what he says.

1 Like

I’m definitely not normal. Still have depression and lots of anxiety. The only time I experience positive symptoms though is when I drink

1 Like

My positive symptoms are way better on meds, with some minor breakthrough occasionally. But my depression is so bad it’s physically painful. Same with my anxiety.

I’ve never been symptom-free, if that’s what you mean by normal. I started having issues when I was a little kid.

2 Likes

Ugh. I feel for you. I couldn’t imagine going through life having symptoms. I got ill when I was 24/25. Finally diagnosed at 26.

2 Likes

Thanks, @pasteyface.

Sounds like you’re having a rough time lately. I’m hoping things ease up for you.

1 Like

I am not normal on meds. I still experience positive symptoms on meds.

1 Like

I think I’m a healthy abnormal now.

[ bites @arcsaber on the ankle ]

:blush:

1 Like

I get hallucinations and delusions on two antipsychotics. It’s virtually everyday. It doesn’t feel real at times. I’ve learned to deal with it and don’t talk about it to people in real life. The first few years it was fun like I was let onto a special way of seeing things; because it never stopped it now causes me distress periodically, but I’m hanging in there.

7 Likes

Good to hear that! 15char

1 Like