How many antipsychotics have you tried?

Seroquel (didn’t work)
Zyprexa (worked only in small doses but not as a main med)
Clozapine (terrible side effects)
Risperidone (worked well)
Haloperidol (zombie)
Sulpiride (very short time in hospital)
Amisulpride (been on it for 5 years and it works well :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I’ve tried all the ones you’ve tried except the Trinza. I’ve also been on Vraylar which is currently working well for me.

1 Like

I’ve tried risperdal, abilify, haldol, zyprexa, prolixin, and seroquel.

I tried Haloperidol, Risperidone, Olanzapine, Ziprasidone, Quetiapine, Amisulpride, Asenapine, Aripiprazole, Paliperidone and Lurasidone in a span of 20 years. I feel that the present medication I am taking ie Aripiprazole and Lurasidone combination is the best for me.

Risperidone
Abilify
Saphris
Loxapine
Latuda

I’ve been on an AP every day for the last 34 years. I’ve tried typicals and atypicals and Clozaril (which my pdoc told me isn’t an atypical but it is) I’m currently taking Seroquel.

I’ve never seen this mentioned, but I’ve been on two APs twice (Geodon and Seroquel). Both worked for a few years, then didn’t work, then I was switched to another AP, then I was switched back and they worked again.

2 Likes

Ugh…a lot.

Seroquel
Abilify
Geodon
Risperdal
Zyprexa

I’m sure there are more. My memory is a bit foggy. I’m currently taking Vraylar which is working for me except for akathisia which is being treated with Cogentin.

1 Like

I’ve tried so many I can’t count them all. Or really, I don’t remember them all.

1 Like

Quetiapine/Seroquel
Olanzapine/Zyprexa
Risperidone/Risperdal
Aripiprazole/Abilify - Worst for me
Lurasidone/Latuda - Best for me

Took me 5 years to realize that, with the minor exception of Abilify, you should take Second Generation Antipsychotics aka MAJOR TRANQUILIZERS at night time before bed and NOT IN THE MORNING. I slept hours and hours and hours during the day and was thinking “This f****** sucks and I will not do this the rest of my life.” Latuda + Lithium + Zoloft = best I have ever felt in my entire life. I wish you all the best. Stay strong, keep fighting, no matter what.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

In order

Risperdal
Zyprexa
Thorazine
Haldol
Seroquel
Clozaril
Saphris
Prolixin
Abilify
Latuda

I’m happy with abilify

Amisulpride, paliperidone, risperidone, dipiperon, haloperidol.

Out of the ones I can remember largactil,mellaril,veractil, stelazine, pimozide,olanzapine, risperdal, seroquel= oral

Redeptin,risperdal consta=depot. Redeptin was the second depot I was on. The first may have been modecate but I’m not sure.

Geodon, Seroquel, Abilify, Latuda, Rexulti, Saphris, Haldol

Latuda, Trilafon, Haldol, Geodon, Risperdal, Invega, Invega Sustena, Seroquel, Rexulti, Clozaril.

Zyprexa was forced on me IP.

Looking at all of these replies with so many antipsychotics, I suddenly don’t feel like I’ve tried many.

I’ve tried trilafon, seroquel, zyprexa, abilify, risperdal, and invega.

Zyprexa once in the hospital, then invega then latuda

I took clozaril for about a month zombifies you
And I’ve took zyprexa,abilify,risperdal,Gordon an now I take 80 mg of latuda and 900mg of lithium

Geodon was similar to dispersal

I’ve tried:

• Abilify
  • Fanapt
  • Risperidone
  • Latuda
  • Vraylar

I’m currently on Vraylar 4.5mg.

Oh, this is an old thread…