How long does the Abilify Maintena 400mg injection last in your body?

Question in the title.

Technically forever

1 Like

but in practice?? i do not want to be medicated forever

No one wants the pills but if you need em you need them.

I take pills for a number of things. They don’t always equate to each other but you develop symptoms you need addressing then you need to take them regardless of your will or desire.

We all go into taking psych pills thinking they are a short term option. Sadly for the majority of us it isn’t something we have a choice about. Just follow the medical advice and move from there. We all do it.

Abilify prob has one of the longest life in your body. The other meds leave at some point in a few weeks but abilify takes like months to leave your system. The withdrawals arent as bad as the other aps tho.

im trying to follow the advice but i feel like i cant study while on abilify…

Just do what you can. If you read these boards and take the time you’ll find most people here need meds no matter what. It’s really up to you. Your obviously bright so just concentrate on the now and not what is worrying you now. That is a good distinction…

We’ve all been through it. Yes. Your younger than most here and that is unusual but it’s the same process. We’ve all been there. I never amounted to anything because when I went to University I was prodromal. I never stood a chance. With meds I may have done way better and I’m sure I would have…

That is the thing. You just have to learn how to surf and ride those waves. You seem to have learned some patience. That is good. Be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day is the old saying…it’s a long process this mental illness…

2 Likes

Trying to study with Psychosis is much, much harder

3 Likes

well ye but psychosis relapse isnt guaranteed like thought slowing down is with abilify

If you’re intent on being this belligerent try satisfying your confirmation bias needs on Google or something.

i did already

why are yall insisting that everyone with psychosis HAS TO STAY ON INJECTABLES

1 Like

Peace. Lets not turn this into a shouting match.

1 Like

This is not what people have been saying. Simply that meds will be needed for a period of time,

When I was 17 I was on AP’s for about a year and a half.

I then came off them and I was fine until I was 23 and psychosis came back and they diagnosed me as SZ

May happen that way, may not. Don’t worry about it, just deal with what is in front of you

1 Like

but everyone here keeps saying that i should stay on the injection otherwise i would become deluded or what not

Your attitude here from what you’ve been saying would make me doubt your ability to stay on pills @Crystal-Cotton. Most mental health workers would be picking up on that and that is a good thing.

2 Likes

For now maybe, but no one knows your history here, and there is strict guidance here and people are genuinely pro med as they see the recovery for themselves.

If you continue to fight back, you will give the wrong impression, and people will feel the need to let you know that there’s a greater good etc etc

1 Like

i would stay on pill just fine
id just like a lower dose of 10mg or 7,5mg perhaps since 15mg seems to be too much for my little brain

Look. Lets not chase shadows or flood the channels tonight. I’ll agree to disagree and lets see you too. I know these questions are important to you and I appreciate your effort in being good for these boards. There’s reasons they do what they do and you seem pretty sane after all you’ve been through…

Keep things cool and with minimal posts and we’ll move from there. We have all been through our own stuff. I hope you maintain your peace for tonight at least.

well i get u but if im sane that means i dont need medicine lol

Sanity is an interesting concept around here as you’ll find. Read the boards. See what others deal with daily. Your not the only one who needs some advice. Listen to others stories and be positive in the community. Yes your young but we are all going through the same stuff in parts…

Be a part of the community and don’t fight it. We really don’t want to fight with people. We want a good community.

2 Likes