How long does it take your meds to start working?

One or two doses doesn’t do anything for me. I have to be on meds consistently for about a week before my symptoms start to subside.

How long does it take your meds to start working?

Conversely, how soon do your symptoms show up again when you stop them? It takes 2-3 weeks for my symptoms to reappear after stopping meds.

It usually takes about 1-2 weeks for me to notice if meds are working or not. If I come off for three days they’re back.

!st dose w/my antipsyc.

It took me about a month to notice any improvement, and it came up slowly as my dose was gradually increased. I could sleep again and my voices were less loud at first, then my delusions became less severe and the voices left after a while. I had some bad hallucinations on only 60mg of Geodon, I heard professors and people talking about me, not good…now I am on 120mg and xanax and propanalol. I have symptoms hardly ever now, and they seem to happen only if it’s time for my night time doses, as they clear up when I take the meds again. For example, I had breakfast a 8 am and dinner at 9 and I was having some symptoms by the time i took my med with dinner. Usually 12 hours is enough for the morning dose to wear off, so I sleep alot and wait to eat breakfast and take my meds for about an hour after I wake up.

But to be more concise, it can take up to a month or even multiple months for some drugs like clozapine. I have a book with a chapter about antispychotics and I know that you need to give some meds a while to work. I went off Geodon to try latuda and my symptoms came right back…

hey,

Although receptor occupancy happens in the first 24 hours it can take up to six weeks before your seeing some changes in symptoms. It’s a hard thing!
Lots of brain chemistry and realistically, although we are understanding more we’ve a long ways to go!
As to symptoms- I 've always taken the pills since psychosis…I still get breakthroughs however and often that has been changing medications for better function!

I think I’ve found a good balance and that is a seriously good thing!

A friend in the struggle, Rogueone.

When I was getting tapered off my normal mix and on to Geodon, it only took a day or two and the paranoia was back. It only took a week to crumble completely and have a full blown episode of crazy psychosis complete with blacking out I think. The day after I was still so shattered it was hard to function. Day after getting back on my normal mix I could feel it all taking hold again and the panic and paranoia and the disorganization fade away. Day three I felt SO much better.