How long do you guys want to live

If I outlive my wife I might go to a home. Women generally live longer though. There is a nice Veterans home on the beach in Biloxi but they don’t take vets with mental illness. I find that kinda discriminatory.

I guess it would be better than living alone.

It depends :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

I am also a little bit depressed about life. I sleep a lot and don’t have a job now. I’m living in Thailand and am only 35… So I don’t have a ton going on for me at the moment. I wonder what am I going to do with the rest of my life.

Well I have never lived so far, why start now?

I have been surfing the Internet and I am looking for a good book. One book I looked at said we have a battle in our minds. We look at how we are thinking and try to change from the inside.
There has got to be an answer to this question of a brighter future. I will keep looking.

Yes, I spend a lot of my time looking for answers. I guess there is no easy solution for SZ it’s just doing a lot of small things to make it more bearable. Passing the time and keeping impermanence in perspective. Exercise has been helpful to me. Good luck with your search dear friend.

Hmmmm :thinking:

Long enough to get a girlfriend. :grin:

I’m not concerned with a number. I just don’t want to be a burden or bear a bigger burden.

As long as humanly possible.

We are lost. We don’t know where we’re going. We have very strong need for love to rescue us. It’s expressed in art by Mr. Mister in the song “Broken Wings,” (1985). I have attached the video. I was drawn to this song by the lyric, “I’m half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole.” But to be honest I know almost nothing about popular music. Broken Wings

all of long life is ego

we start to think it will all continue forever

despite all of my writing, I think very likely not.

Everlasting Life

1 Like

60 (more) years to reach 90 :smile:

I want to live as long as possible unless it involves severe pain, dementia, disability, or living in a nursing home.

I’ve seen very few 100+ year olds that aren’t dealing with at least one of the above.

And the truth is very few of us will get anywhere close to 100. Just the odds are against any of us getting that old. It is still very rare. We see more of them now because we have so many more people worldwide than ever. A few stragglers are bound to make it through the bottleneck of life.

2 Likes

Well, I feel accomplished. I have nothing new to learn. I saw the real nature of this world and I am ready to depart any time

your profile looks yummy

I’ll take death at any time

I’ve done it all

Part of me wishes I died 2 years ago when my mom died.

4 Likes

I Never Read It.

I don’t care about this at all. I’ll die when I die. It doesn’t matter to me.

3 Likes

not sure what you mean

you mean my works

I get large following, I think you’d like them

it’s more than just that though

1 Like