How long are your therapy sessions for?

All I know is that in the US, gov. insurance is always trying to find ways to save money.

1 Like

Thanks for this valuable bit of information you gave me Boris , it all now makes sense! :smiley:

I met my great pdoc in 1995. She had set up a new office near my home and accepted my insurance from work. I had been to many docs before that I never trusted and was very paranoid.
She was the first doc I ever got to pick myself.
I had just fired another doc that keep people waiting for an hour or more.
She was right on time and gave nearly a full hour. I was shocked when each time I went it was nearly a full hour. This was the only doc that spent the time to get past my thick paranoid shell.
I had tried therapists but they are impotent without the power of meds. And therapists I’ve met always seem to never solve any problems but just want to keep you coming for their income stream.

She eventually stopped taking insurance since they only pay doctors for 15 minutes of time.
But I’m happy to pay her $100 for the hour since she actually likes the talking part of psychiatry and now knows me well enough to give expert solutions and suggestions for life.

2 Likes

i go to my psychologist once a week for 45 minutes, works wonders., she uses ett (emotional transformational therapy, and the lights and colors really help

1 Like

I see my therapist twice a week for forty five minutes and the pdoc once a month for twenty