How is your handwriting?

I ask because there has been studies suggesting schizophrenics have a tendency to have extra words and missing punctuation. I do see it in me sometimes… It is really hard to decipher what I write.

1 Like

My handwriting is definitely worse since my psychotic break. I used to write very neatly, like to the point where people would comment. Now I can’t get it that way even if I try. It’s kinda scary to me because I mean, that’s gotta be brain damage, right?

I don’t have extra words though. My problem is omitting words. Which I do all the time now. Somewhere between my brain and the screen (or page) they get lost.

3 Likes

My print is not so bad, but my cursive is all over the place…I usually use my architectural lettering when I write which is much clearer than my print.

2 Likes

What’s architectural lettering @jukebox?

Edit; Nevermind. I googled it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It does happen to me too, it’s as if I already wrote them and somehow they left my paper, if that makes sense.

1 Like

I had to have handwriting lessons when I was 11-12. My handwriting now is crudely formed, but I think legible. I’m a slow writer. If I try to write fast my handwriting gets much worse

2 Likes

My handwriting has suffered I used to be a very good writer but my grammar and spelling has diminished and the tremors make it unreadable. I now tend to jump topics or write what I think instead of what I want to say

1 Like

I can’t even remember cursive. My printing is good though, just slow.

1 Like

It’s totally beautiful :)))

3 Likes

Thats real nice, I’m practicing my writing, because my writing is all ****** up.

Bad, really bad, just like the psychiatrist’s prescription.

2 Likes

Mine is bad, if I take my time I can do better

1 Like

It used to be atrocious, but I worked hard on improving it and now it’s readable

1 Like

Mine is barely legible even to me

1 Like

When I was younger I won an award at school for neat handwriting (I’m left handed as well). Every year or so till I was 18 I changed my handwriting all the time.

Since I was 18 I had a basic right slant cursive style I still have now. But recently I wrote in capitals and changed from right to left slant.

At the moment I am back to right slant and a very scribbly cursive.

When I’m hypomanic it gets bigger and messier.

When I’m depressed it gets smaller and more scribbly.

3 Likes

I’ve always had bad handwriting, but since getting unwell it got really bad. I skip letters and have to go back and add them. I generally can’t read it myself afterward. May just be from doing it rarely, I mainly type on a computer these days.

1 Like

So the psychiatrist defined having your handwriting of a schizophrenic? I ask because looking at the studied of mentally ill persons, I realized I do the same thing as they do, missed punctuation, bad grammar, sloppy with a hint of delusional sentences and etc etc… A doctor never noticed but that is because I never showed them or even asked for them. Anyway I’m going on a tangent.

What’s the handwriting of a schizophrenic?
I don’t believe there is such thing.
Other schizophrenics write well, I think.
My psychiatrist has never seen my hand writing

There has been studies that show schizophrenics have an altered way of writing, I just wrote it that way because I assumed you knew what I meant.

I see, well for the most part schizophrenics have a distinct writing style.

My father has bad hand writing, and I have it too.

1 Like