How is the coronavirus situation affecting you?

I find myself always checking the news to learn more about it. Our community is starting to take preparations but I doubt any preparations will be adequate enough if it gets going in my community. Instead of going and buying groceries I’m ordering them to be delivered. I don’t want to go out anywhere. I’m starting to become paranoid about it. I find myself thinking thoughts that might spiral into delusions again. I’m making sure I’m taking my meds and have lots of meds and food on hand in case we are quarantined.

We already had a case in my hometown at the hospital where a doctor caught it.

I live in quite an obscure place, so the fact it has arrived here is scary.

We will have to see what happens.

I am confident it will be brought under control, but this does seem worse to me than when they panicked about Bird Flu and Swine Flu or Ebola

Yes @Joker, it seems worse that those earlier epidemics.

It’s not affecting me much touch wood. I got the flu over the weekend. Just coming out of it. I’m still on the fence about flu shot. I think it can be too specific and flu’s change over distance etc. They mutate into other things that the shot won’t do anything for is how I understand it.

Still. Not going near China anytime soon. We have some cases here. Just waiting to see. I’m loath to call it a mass epidemic yet. Far from it but in health concerns resistant bacteria and virus’ are a weakness for human kind.

I don’t give a damn about that virus. I think it looks like a conspiracy theory. Influenza killed 10x more this winter than this virus. The more it kills the better. Maybe it will solve overpopulation. People act if it’s like new bubonic plague.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.