How do you know when a hallucination is a hallucination?

Hm that sounds scary. Positive symptoms suck.

When it wants to talk to me all day… no one wants to talk to me all day trust me lol

2 Likes

Lol that’s funny

1 Like

You have voices and visuals?? What are your voices like?

The more vivid the visual hallucination is the less I trust it when I experience it, but later it sort of becomes real. On the other hand, the rats I often see out of the corner of my eye are very believable when i experience them but almost straight away I realise they are not real.

I think this makes everything much worse. When i tell people i trust irl about the thoughts that i have it tends to make them go away for a while, especially if they have similar experiences. I just told one of my friends with sza about the voices i hear and i feel much less scared of them knowing that she gets the same thing.

1 Like

Another thing ive been getting is a really disgustingly sweet, fruity flavor in my mouth that tastes like gross artificial raspberry flavoring. I thought there was something wrong with my body but now i think it:s a hallucination because it would go away when i was distracted by other stuff and when i tried to eat other food the taste would still be there, underneath the flavors of the food in my mouth. It’s completely gone now but i realized it was getting stronger whenever i paid attention to delusions and hallucinations.

Good for you for dealing with that. It sounds unpleasant.

I know when no one else believes, sees, hears, smells, feels, or tastes it.

2 Likes

I wish I trusted people that much.

1 Like

That doesn’t stop me from believing, hearing, seeing, tasting, smelling and feeling things though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.