How do you find the atarax?

Hi all! :slight_smile:
Does someone here is on this med? My pdoc tries to lower my nausea and my conversion disorder… I am very anxious still and paranoid, so he said, that maybe i need the atarax…
I was taking it years ago, but i dont remember how it was affecting me… I also remember how one psy nurse told me, that the atarax is almost as a placebo, but i heard from some people, that they feel its effect…
It can lower my anxiety too?

Ataraxia in Greek means peace, or “without agitation”. Used frequently in philosophy as the highest goal

6 Likes

Ok, thanks, dear… Yeah, my pdoc doesnt like that i take klonopin… He wants something less addictive… Is the atarax a strong med though? I hope i wont have side effects too…

Do you have any positive symptoms?

I don’t find it very strong, it isn’t entirely placebo though, some may find it sedating but I don’t. It is very similar to Zyrtec/cetirizine if you have ever taken it.

1 Like

I think, that i still have a paranoia, yes… It is a bit better on zyprexa, but i still suffer from it even physically…

Haha, I checked this thread as soon as I saw the word “atarax”.

2 Likes

Can it lift me too, @brandotron? I am a bit afraid of all antidepressive effects of the meds… Cause this always worsened my agitation and paranoia…I wonder also if it can cause restless legs or something similar?..

I guess atarax is an antihistamine. I used to take it at night to help me get to sleep. It would make me tired.

I think it helps some people with anxiety too

1 Like

Ok, thanks Thestrange.
In fact, my nausea became unbearable, it happens every day now so my doc thought of this med yeap. Its written that its antiemetic(against nausea)… Some people say, that the zyprexa is it too, but my ap doesnt help anymore my nausea etc… Oh yeap, my anxiety is to the roof and it causes many somatic effects in my case :confused:
Idk why though, this psy nurse was saying, that the atarax is just a placebo lol…

1 Like

Oh, i forgot, i am also more excited lately and its hard to have positive feelings now, i dont think calmly either… Gosh, maybe this will help, my klonopin is too strong and its not always helping…

Idk how I feel on this atarax tbh… It’s called vistaril too in fact… I’ve always had paranoia hours in the day, but they were fading away around those hours… now, it’s not the case… I can think even less, so my paranoia is bigger… also, my heart hurts, my headaches dont fade away as usual etc…
Idk what I’ll do about my nausea without this atarax though… Maybe I sound so bad, that it looks as I am dying and I am really worried too about that :pensive: to have reached nausea on every day basis?? Idk if I am dying…
I am not sure I like this med… maybe I respond paradoxically on some meds…
Is it possible for atarax or vistaril to increase your paranoia?

I am sweating as hell, my headache lasts with it, I think even less than before and my mood is worse… also, my stiffness lasts more with it, it doesn’t go away…
I liked more the klonopin, hundred times more… the problem is that it wasnt helping my nausea…
I feel lifted but even less sensible and without the possibility to think… tbh, I cant even move now… hmm, i dont think this one is good on me either…
Maybe i am close to dying with my nausea… sorry to talk about this, but nausea can be painful too on every day basis…I am scared…