How do you dress?

I am worried about the style of dress that is appropriate for my age.

I’ll be 50 in a couple of months, but in my head I am still 32. I see clothes on ebay and have to check myself and remind myself of my age. I simply cannot pass off young people’s fashions anymore, but I still want to look fly. :smiley:

My psych nurse said that I look young for my age, and I do, it’s true, except for my teeth of which I will get sorted in a couple of years.

I don’t go anywhere much, so I don’t need to dress up to go anywhere yet, but I will one day.

How is a 50 year old supposed to dress anyway? And do you wear age appropriate clothing too?

8 Likes

To be honest. Like I have problems. I am not Emo or Goth but I look pretty screwed up with stained shirts and dirty jeans for a month straight.

6 Likes

Well, at least you are wearing some clothes! :rofl:

Being a schizo, I go out of my way not to look like one. I like to challenge stereotypes myself.

If you bought a cheap suit, wear a pair of cool trainers with them and wear funky t-shirts or shirts with it, you might be surprised by the way people see you! Or don’t it is up to you… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh believe me when I say my former roommates had a problem with me undressing and dressing with my bedroom door open. BTDT. I was pretty nuts then.

3 Likes

I’ve recently had a struggle to switch from clothes I really like to clothes that are more my age.

I’m 37 and way too old to be wearing some of the nicer stuff in my closet.

Recently had an overhaul and am getting rid of that stuff,

Replacing it with less revealing and less colorful clothes.

But you gotta work your personality in there so I always have at least one really loud item of clothing on.

I have to express myself still.

6 Likes

I’m from the raving generation. I can’t quite imagine them playing acid house in the old people’s home when I am an octogenarian. :smiley:

Screw them though! Rave on :man_dancing:

3 Likes

However the 50 year old wants to. Never apologize for rocking your own style.

8 Likes

Spit it out @Kxev :smiley:

I can see you typing for ages now!

:smiley:

3 Likes

He always does that and then has a short reply.

Just poking fun, @Kxev

:grin:

3 Likes

Grrrl, you can wear whatever you like however long as you like. If you lived in NY you’d fit right in with youthful, colorful clothes.

7 Likes

Sweatpants ALL DAY every DAMN DAY!

5 Likes

The teenagers in my neighbourhood like the old grey tracksuit top and bottoms, which is funny because it is the same uniform they give to the prisoners in prison. :smiley:

4 Likes

I myself just like comfortable clothes. Tees hoodies and Sweats.

I am pro whatever makes you look and feel good regardless of age.

@Charles_Foster @labratmat True - you called me out.

8 Likes

I wear t-shirts with my sweats. Tattered t-shirts by the way but I won’t be arrested for indecent exposure at least. Funny about about the prisoners outfits. Kids always wanna look tough.

2 Likes

My favorite sweats are from the hospital stays.

4 Likes

Next you’ll be wearing the operation gown and nothing else! :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl:
。°。°。°。°。° 。°。°。°。°。°

2 Likes

Don’t forget the grippy socks. :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

i wear all kinds of odd stuff
inc some actual fashion crimes

3 Likes

the day i wear age appropriate fashion…