How do you deal with anxiety?

I meant to write meditation. Lol. Sorry.

2 Likes

No, I don’t have anything stronger. I actually had a tough time coming off benzos so don’t want to go down that route.

1 Like

@anon9798425

When I’m uncomfortable, I do a check of myself. I ask, am I lonely angry, thirsty, hungry, or tired. Those are all things I can do something about. And I do start to take care of them.

Sometimes I’m anxious because I need to use the bathroom but don’t want to stop what I’m doing. I do stop what I’m doing and go find a bathroom.

When I’m anxious and near a computer, I go to You Tube and search for “Relaxing Music.” Alternately, when I’m in the car, I turn on the classical station.

And so forth . . .

1 Like

As I posted here

2 x 100mg of niacin a day seems to calm down my obsessive thoughts about my current real life problems.

I don’t care if it’s temporary or placebo, but it seems to be working.

Lots of things help me:
Playing music
Listening to music
Talking with friends
Meditation
Writing/journaling
Drawing
Daily walks

2 Likes

I find positive statements I say to myself work. I say them with force. But that might just suppress the anxiety. Believe it’ll get better in the future. Mine has. I was so anxious at one time I got no enjoyment out of life. Now it’s down to a low roar, which is normal for everyone. Some anxiety is necessary for life.

1 Like

When I get behind the wheel, I affirm I can be a courteous driver, I can be a comfortable driver, I can be a safe driver.

1 Like

I put it on a piece of wood and hammer large nails through it

1 Like

I find the physical symptoms of my anxiety as equally debilitating as the mental effects, I have recently been prescribed Propanolol for my physical symptoms that of trembling hands and legs, sweating and increased heart rate. My Therapist has taught me breathing techniques also.

I hate suffering from anxiety it restricts your life so much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.