How do I stop worrying?

I just want to have a good weekend but I worry about every little thing it ruins everything how do I stop obsessing over worries?

5 Likes

Have you tried any anti anxiety meds or benzos? :baby_chick::baby_chick::baby_chick:

3 Likes

Yes, something for anxiety. L-theanine helps me.

2 Likes

I know I sound like a broken record but, learn to meditate!

It won’t seem to work for a couple of months but then you’ll look back and think why didn’t I do that before? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I talk to myself. There’s two me s in my head. Me and then the me that talks to me. Lol. It’s good to reassure myself.

3 Likes

I worry about people reading my mind and someone sabotaging my mind. What can I do?

1 Like

Yes, what @anon51377248 says. Talk to yourself in your head. Reassure yourself. Calm yourself down. Think things through and realize that you are overreacting to ease your mind. Retrain your brain. Also 120 mg of Cymbalta helps lol.

3 Likes

My therapist said to ask myself whether or not it is a helpful thought when I am focused on some worry.

Usually it is not.

Then I picture the worry as a car on a passing train and watch as it rolls on by.

Sometimes it comes back around though. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

The psychologist made me download an app called Worry Time

It kinda helped for a bit.

You should try it out

2 Likes

When you find out please tell me
Maybe it’s just how it is for you
If so you can worry all you want it won’t change anything
Might as well stop it

I’m 10 days in to 2 x 20 mins each day
It’s giving me angry or pain or sadness or scared outbursts
It’s like it needs to settle differently In the end like with therapy

Sorry thread not all about this topic

1 Like

Start not worrying.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.